Extraordinary Expo Thread

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
This should create some good laughs. The expo is coming up. Post the most interesting story, picture, new gear or extraordinary moment you witnessed at the expo. See you all down there, let the good times roll!

Years ago, a friend of mine and I were invited to an after party held in a private room there at the convention hall.
We arrived to an awesome party. Free drinks all night long, and paid party girls.

When we walked into the party, my buddy pointed at a super hottie and said, “I know her.” I called BS, but sure enough, he knew her!!

They were both from California and he knew her from other parties. She and a few other super hotties were hired to come in and party with high rollers. That’s what got some of the high rollers into town to spend lots of money on tags and hunts.

I wasn’t a high roller, but somehow got in the door. I knew the guy putting on the party for the rich dudes, but I’ll keep that to myself and let you all wonder.

They were professional girls, but I don’t think they were prostitutes. I don’t know though either. I was married, otherwise I’d have tried to find out. ;)

That was a fun night! All the free drinks you could want and quite a few hot chicks strutting around flirting.

Your Buddies Name Isn't f-stop is it?

I Think He Knows Alot of the HOT CHICKS!

You Can Bet Them Same Parties Are Happening Today!

Somebody Will Be Pissed Though & Say:

Your Hard Earned Money Donated For Conservation at it's Best!

Years ago, a friend of mine and I were invited to an after party held in a private room there at the convention hall.
We arrived to an awesome party. Free drinks all night long, and paid party girls.

When we walked into the party, my buddy pointed at a super hottie and said, “I know her.” I called BS, but sure enough, he knew her!!

They were both from California and he knew her from other parties. She and a few other super hotties were hired to come in and party with high rollers. That’s what got some of the high rollers into town to spend lots of money on tags and hunts.

I wasn’t a high roller, but somehow got in the door. I knew the guy putting on the party for the rich dudes, but I’ll keep that to myself and let you all wonder.

They were professional girls, but I don’t think they were prostitutes. I don’t know though either. I was married, otherwise I’d have tried to find out. ;)

That was a fun night! All the free drinks you could want and quite a few hot chicks strutting around flirting.

Didn't know things were quite at this level for the expo. Interesting story.

They are far beyond that level at the con show grizz if the darkest secrets came out people would be in prison!
I think you're right. That kinda sheds a new light on things. Wonder how many of those high rollers are married with families, but are in back rooms with paid professional women. Well that's shady, which leads me to believe there's a lot of shady stuff going on. Hmmmmm, ridiculous and disgusting really.

Did Don Peay have pasties on at that party? :ROFLMAO:

I think you're right. That kinda sheds a new light on things. Wonder how many of those high rollers are married with families, but are in back rooms with paid professional women. Well that's shady, which leads me to believe there's a lot of shady stuff going on. Hmmmmm, ridiculous and disgusting really.
Irrelated to some degree with the expo, but at the same time it's not. A few years ago I participated on a hunt at a CWMU. As we were asking various questions with the operator it was somehow brought up that a number of clients would try and fly in their "girlfriends" for the weekend. The operator wanted no business in trying to hide these affairs and instructed them to not come back.

Unfortunately, the money and influence from people of low moral character has been one piece in creating what hunting is today.

I took my 2 older boys, 18 and 16, last night (thursday night). We walked around and they wanted to see some the so called Insta heros we all know of so well. I died laughing as we walked over to the HUSH booth and I told them, there is Eric Ch him self. They both laughed. We are not tall people. I am 5'9 and my 2 boys are an inch or 2 taller than me. They didnt know or realize how short he was and how tight is skinny pants were. IT was a classic.
Then over to the infamous Wasatch front deer and elk killed on the extended by Martin Chag and Conn_Roll booth. They both figured they had just got back from their manicures, pedicures, facials and beard trimming and hairdresser appointments. LOL, they made me laugh pretty good last night.

We liked to see all the cool deer and elk. Crazy big bulls still being killed in Utah.

Some of the nicest guys was the Roundy Kid and the Arizona strip deer booth. He was super nice. The Cripsy boots booth was top notch to show and explain the boots to us too.

I took my 2 older boys, 18 and 16, last night (thursday night). We walked around and they wanted to see some the so called Insta heros we all know of so well. I died laughing as we walked over to the HUSH booth and I told them, there is Eric Ch him self. They both laughed. We are not tall people. I am 5'9 and my 2 boys are an inch or 2 taller than me. They didnt know or realize how short he was and how tight is skinny pants were. IT was a classic.
Then over to the infamous Wasatch front deer and elk killed on the extended by Martin Chag and Conn_Roll booth. They both figured they had just got back from their manicures, pedicures, facials and beard trimming and hairdresser appointments. LOL, they made me laugh pretty good last night.

We liked to see all the cool deer and elk. Crazy big bulls still being killed in Utah.

Some of the nicest guys was the Roundy Kid and the Arizona strip deer booth. He was super nice. The Cripsy boots booth was top notch to show and explain the boots to us too.
Did you pose for a pic with Hush? There was a line of leg humpers doing just that today ?

Pics man…pics for those of us too smart to attend…

I guess I'm wondering why so much hate for the hush and Chag guys? Some of them may be pretty boys but they hunt hard and kill big animals. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff if they are shady or not. I wouldn't mind having a job doing the **** they do. Sounds pretty good. Who cares if Eric is short and wears skinny jeans. He is in the show you're visiting. Just my 2 cents

I guess I'm wondering why so much hate for the hush and Chag guys? Some of them may be pretty boys but they hunt hard and kill big animals. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff if they are shady or not. I wouldn't mind having a job doing the **** they do. Sounds pretty good. Who cares if Eric is short and wears skinny jeans. He is in the show you're visiting. Just my 2 cents
People think these guys are God's. Treat them like gods. The praise they get, and many times have done some shady stuff. But what gets me, is the monetizing of wildlife. And the amount of videos and post of the same deer or elk from every angle so many times. And what got me was the video of the elk pack out going over the over pass and the set up to get that video, makes me laugh. Just my 2 cents!!!

In some ways they aren’t much different, at least in concept, from 1800’s hero worship of Jim Bridger, Bullalo Bull, John Colter…… the 1900’s guys such as Jack O’Connor, Elmer Keith, Ernest Hemingway, Jim Zumba, Craig Boddington.

It is different time, with different technologies, different media, etc. The 2000 century as a lot of want to be’s but so were there in the pervious centuries……. Only a few became as famous as the ones listed above, I’m guessing not much is different today. The cream will rise to the top and the others will, settle somewhere below, as time and circumstance will demonstrate.

Nothing new, under the sun. Why get so frustrated over it, when you know how history repeats itself.

Last edited:
In some ways they aren’t much different, at least in concept, from 1800’s hero worship of Jim Bridger, Bullalo Bull, John Colter…… the 1900’s guys such as Jack O’Connor, Elmer Keith, Ernest Hemingway, Jim Zumba, Craig Boddington.

It is different time, with different technologies, different media, etc. The 2000 century as a lot of want to be’s but so were there in the pervious centuries……. Only a few became as famous as the ones listed above, I’m guessing not much is different today. The cream will rise to the top and the others will, settle somewhere below, as time and circumstance will demonstrate.

Nothing new, under the sun. Why get so frustrated over it, when you know how history repeats itself.

Most of those guys were famous for doing something positive.

These new guys just create ways to continually exploit wildlife

Most of those guys were famous for doing something positive.

These new guys just create ways to continually exploit wildlife
Used to be you carved your name on a tree to tell folks you were there.

Now, you can tell everywhere the elite YouTuber hunters have been because there ain’t anything left to hunt due to backdrops giving away the area to the rest of the hunting world. But keep hammering

I remember going to the "RACKS" calender booth years ago at FNAWS to see it filled with underfed flat chested girls that looked like preteen boys......what a let down....

Used to be you carved your name on a tree to tell folks you were there.

Now, you can tell everywhere the elite YouTuber hunters have been because there ain’t anything left to hunt due to backdrops giving away the area to the rest of the hunting world. But keep hammering
Honestly if you recognize the background of an area doesn’t that mean you already know about it? ?. I’ve never looked at a background and then been able to say that’s a spot I’ve never been to before and it is xxxxxxxx! ?

Doyle continues to get older, but the booth girls keep getting younger! I wonder who signed their permission slips for them to miss school to work the booth? ?
7A017F93-89E9-42F3-8304-48DCDFF87CF4.jpeg

Lots of accusations flying about corruption. Would sure love to see some actual evidence if anyone has any.
You obviously have not been around very long.

Just to pick a random point in the history of the expo, lets take a look back at when the expo came up for re-bidding. According to the STATE LAW and written in the information from the DWR, there was to have all applications turned in by 5 pm on Sept 15, 2017 (if I remember the dates exactly). The only bid turned in was from RMEF. IT went shady real fast after that for the next few months while they went back and had to change every rule they made. This is just a sliver of what goes on.

No matter who runs a deal like this people are going to point fingers.
There are Huge egos in leadership level of every
Conservation Leadership committee.
The ones who can’t meet in common ground get booted.That’s why over the years it has settled out the way it has.
Whether it’s SFW and MDF or
All the Sheep groups fighting it happens even today.

You obviously have not been around very long.

Just to pick a random point in the history of the expo, lets take a look back at when the expo came up for re-bidding. According to the STATE LAW and written in the information from the DWR, there was to have all applications turned in by 5 pm on Sept 15, 2017 (if I remember the dates exactly). The only bid turned in was from RMEF. IT went shady real fast after that for the next few months while they went back and had to change every rule they made. This is just a sliver of what goes on.
I’ve been around plenty long, and I’m not saying there isn’t corruption involved. What I would like is for someone to backup their claims of corruption with some actual evidence. Still waiting…

I’ve been around plenty long, and I’m not saying there isn’t corruption involved. What I would like is for someone to backup their claims of corruption with some actual evidence. Still waiting…
You can ask the lawyer that did all the work for RMEF. Its been posted on here several times. His name is Hawkeye. He is also my BIL. I hunt with him and have been to some of the meetings over the years. Even back in the day before when there was ZERO accountability for any of the money and we went and asked to see, but were told to "TRUST US".

Agreed
You can get the project lists from every organization and see the numbers.
Can there be abuse? Sure but it looks like they get monitored pretty good.

With this years Auctions bringing in SO MUCH MONEY. Other states are really going to have to
JUSTIFY why they don’t Do More of the same to increase their own Budgets!!!

I have a question that I can’t find the answer to.

All the money raised goes towards “conservation”. A bulk of that money is raised on the backs of Utahs wildlife at the expense of the public hunters. Does ALL that money stay in utah projects and other conservation efforts? If the answer is NO, then when are all the other benefiting states going to pony a large number of permits in return? Yes I know there are other tags from other states auctioned off, but many of those proceeds go to charities, causes and other special interest groups from what I’ve been told. If this money leaves utah borders, it’s time for wyoming, nevada, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado to start throwing some of their public tags to the draw as well.

On a side note, I’ve seen all kinds of talk about the AI deer tag being sold for 500k and how great that money will benefit the wildlife on it. I sure wish people would recognize what kuiu has done for the wild sheep on not only the island, but many other projects throughout the west as well, all on their dime. But they haven’t gotten near the press. Something guys should take into consideration when buying new gear in the future.

*im in no way associated with kuiu, i just wish people would do some research before blindly supporting a brand because their favorite hunting hero tells them to*

All the money raised goes towards “conservation”. A bulk of that money is raised on the backs of Utahs wildlife at the expense of the public hunters. Does ALL that money stay in utah projects and other conservation efforts? If the answer is NO, then when are all the other benefiting states going to pony a large number of permits in return? Yes I know there are other tags from other states auctioned off, but many of those proceeds go to charities, causes and other special interest groups from what I’ve been told. If this money leaves utah borders, it’s time for wyoming, nevada, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado to start throwing some of their public tags to the draw as well.

On a side note, I’ve seen all kinds of talk about the AI deer tag being sold for 500k and how great that money will benefit the wildlife on it. I sure wish people would recognize what kuiu has done for the wild sheep on not only the island, but many other projects throughout the west as well, all on their dime. But they haven’t gotten near the press. Something guys should take into consideration when buying new gear in the future.

*im in no way associated with kuiu, i just wish people would do some research before blindly supporting a brand because their favorite hunting hero tells them to*
I don't think any other state would let their game and fish department / special interest groups get away with the pimping out of trophy hunts the way that Utah does.

I don't think any other state would let their game and fish department / special interest groups get away with the pimping out of trophy hunts the way that Utah does.
That’s exactly my point. So is the utah wildlife and the public hunter paying for projects outside of the state? Are other states getting something for nothing?

The evidence has been posted many times. If you’ve been around here and haven’t seen it, you haven’t been paying attention or have willfully looked passed it. Either way, this seems like a classic case of that old adage of “those that demand to see signs are generally the quickest to disregard them.”

The evidence has been right before our faces, and posted about on this forum, for years.

That’s exactly my point. So is the utah wildlife and the public hunter paying for projects outside of the state? Are other states getting something for nothing?
801-538-4700
Ask to speak to Director Justin (“J”) Shirley

May as well just ask the gentleman that controls it all. Ask anyone else just leads to more speculation and accusation.

That is if you’re really want to know the truth or get it from someone like me or Zim.

801-538-4700
Ask to speak to Director Justin (“J”) Shirley

May as well just ask the gentleman that controls it all. Ask anyone else just leads to more speculation and accusation.

That is if you’re really want to know the truth or get it from someone like me or Zim.
I have no desire to talk to that 2 faced, lying bafoon.

The evidence has been posted many times. If you’ve been around here and haven’t seen it, you haven’t been paying attention or have willfully looked passed it. Either way, this seems like a classic case of that old adage of “those that demand to see signs are generally the quickest to disregard them.”

The evidence has been right before our faces, and posted about on this forum, for years.
If by evidence you are to referring to 15 years of people on the internet making undocumented allegations of widespread corruption, conspiracy, lying, fraud, cheating, stealing and thievery, then I guess I agree with you. I’m more interested in actual, physical evidence of these things. The closest thing I’ve ever seen to these things was the awarding of the last 5 year expo contract which was sketchy at best. From the outside looking it appears the RMEF should have been awarded the contract. But that’s about how every RFP/RFQ award process plays out at all levels of government in all places.

If by evidence you are to referring to 15 years of people on the internet making undocumented allegations of widespread corruption, conspiracy, lying, fraud, cheating, stealing and thievery, then I guess I agree with you. I’m more interested in actual, physical evidence of these things. The closest thing I’ve ever seen to these things was the awarding of the last 5 year expo contract which was sketchy at best. From the outside looking it appears the RMEF should have been awarded the contract. But that’s about how every RFP/RFQ award process plays out at all levels of government in all places.
Waste of your time hunt30…… if they (any of them) had anything, they’d of played it years ago.

Same discussion…….. just a different date on the calendar.

Like I said, those that demand signs are the first to disregard them.

If you’re claiming no evidence has been shared here but only undocumented complaints, I can’t help you any further.

You are paying the DWR to man booths. Your paying for the tax breaks the expo gets. And with other states tags going 100% to wildlife, you, and portions of that $3.75 $fw Hoover's to pay for the expo, are technically going to to those states.

Or, more clearly, those states use Utah taxpayers money(tourism board, tax breaks) to sell a tag in which no money is spent to do so. They maximize their profits at our expense.

Pm Hawkeye if your truly interested.

DID ANY OF YOU NOTICE HOW MANY STATES BROUGHT THERE SPECIAL TAGS TO UTAH?
So you can’t say “Glad my state doesn’t pimp out tags.” Well guess what they are in fact with so much money spent this year watch how many states show up with even more next year.
It’s only going to get worse.
And with 10% going to the auction it’s much cheaper to just send it to Utah than have your own auction.

So you can’t say “Glad my state doesn’t pimp out tags.” Well guess what they are in fact with so much money spent this year watch how many states show up with even more next year.
And with 10% going to the auction it’s much cheaper to just send it to Utah than have your own auction.
I did…….. $725,000 worth for one. It has been going on for a number of years. That $650,000 should pay for some good mule deer enhancement in Arizona.

Wildlife funding more wildlife.

Well, maybe if SFW wasn't so set on having the Expo in UT, maybe other states would if given the chnace to host it...

Why not just share it here publicly? Nothing to hide, right?
Here’s a fact, from Zim’s so called Fantasyland, that I live in elkhunter.

I just got back from a 2 hour lunch with the gentleman that was the Utah Wildlife Board Chairman when the Expo 200 tag raffle concept was first purposed and approved in 2007.

You can look him up and ask him………. if you want it from the horse’s mouth.

Last edited:

To answer your question, No, the money raised from the Utah conservation tags do not go to other states. 90% goes to conservation projects in Utah, the other 10% goes to the organization that auctioned the tag. Where I guess some of that money could possibly go to another state but I doubt any of it does.

To answer your question, No, the money raised from the Utah conservation tags do not go to other states. 90% goes to conservation projects in Utah, the other 10% goes to the organization that auctioned the tag. Where I guess some of that money could possibly go to another state but I doubt any of it does.
I can see Utah using auction generated funds to buy wild turkeys or big horned sheep, or some kinds of fish from some other States, to improve Utah Wildlife, but I don’t know for a fact if they have or have not……hence, my suggestion, call and ask the Director. This constant bull chit we all throw back and forth on MM is partially the cause of all the hate and frustration. Believing second, third, or tenth hand facts is nuts and it’s not fair to the people that a being accused.

Have never seen so many boys with perms sticking out of the back of their hats.
I noticed a ton of lame ass mustaches and half zipped puffy vests also.

I watched a kid ( early 20’s ) go full hog gobbler on the Kuiu owner a few years back. The kid acted like Jason had made all the gear for him personally. The universal invisible banana action broke the ice with the other dude working the booth, we both had a pretty good laugh.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom