eye relief on bushnell

• Thread starter wishunter (Guest)
  • Start date
W

wishunter (Guest)

I recently purchased a Model 70 carbine in 270 Win. I am hoping to use this for midwest whitetails and as a backpack rifle for muleys. I am looking for a scope that will not be too heavy, but still high quality and in the 2-7 or 1x-5x range. I looked at the Bushnell Elite 3200 1.5-4.5x, and liked it however the clerk said that eye relief on the bushnells is not as nice as the leopoulds that I have used. Can anyone back this up? Also I looked at the Kahles 2-7x36 which is a great scope. Is this powerful enough for those farther shots, or do I need a 9 power?

Wishunter,

Absolutely and without question, I would go with the 9X scope. You mentioned that you would be using it for mule deer and in my opinion, a 9X is needed.

I am not sure of the eye relief on the Bushnell, but I am sure the Leupold would serve you better.

Having said that, I would look at the Burris scopes. Their price is better than the Leupold and in my opinion brighter. Also, I have been told by a local dealer(that sells both) that their warranty is much better.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Jason

the bush. e. 3200 eye rlife is 3.0 on 3x9 fast focus cabelas price is 200.00 the fireflf eye rlife is 3.3 in 3x9 bush. e. 3200.cost 230.00-330.00 you said leupolds they have 1 scope at 3.2 eye rlife 720.00 bucks spendy. i have burris fullfield 2 eye rlife 3.1 for the bullet plex paid 230.oo lifetime warranty the best scope ive ever had. i know i will get b.s. for this so here it is swarovski in cabelasis 3.5 eye relief 700.00 . kahles eye relief is 3.35 500.00 . zeiss eye relief 3.5 550.00 . the burris has lot for your dollar. check out burris.com for your info. cabelas.com good hunting lv oakey

The eye relief on the Bushnell 3200 is terrible. If you are used to Leupolds, you will be very disappointed. Go with a Leupold VX 1 or 2.

Go do yourself a favor and buy a Leuopold Variax-II 3 x 9 (or better). Don't shortchange yourself on your scope. You got a great shooter, top it off with some great optics and worry about nada....

I don't get it???. Eye releif is just a matter of adjusting you scope foreward or backward until you can settle in behind your scope with full field of view!!!. If your scope won't slide back far enough maybe you have the wrong scope mounts...I agree with Free, Leuopolds scopes are excellent.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom