Fall bear unit 22/31

timoutdoors

My wife drew this tag for the fall. She hasn't killed a bear before and it looked like a good opportunity. Any houndsman interested in taking us out? Any outfitters in this area? Should we consider baiting? Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

You don’t need hounds or bait. I’d stick to 22 and just glass one up. Bears are like ticks in there

Seems like you've been getting all these tags going back 10+ years and you still don't know areas or what the hell you're doing. Let me guess you're from Boise. All your posts have been asking for someone to hold your hand. You ever get out of the city and do your own legwork?

I bet you're alot of fun at parties. I thought these forums were meant to help people? I've helped many people with areas I'm familiar with over the years. EAD!

It’s really not rocket science in there. Get up high where you can see a bunch of hill side with a food source and sit down with some glass. 22 isn’t a huge unit and the private property is going to dictate where your gunna hunt. I’d probably head up yellow jacket out of Councle and just start bouncing around

I bet you're alot of fun at parties. I thought these forums were meant to help people? I've helped many people with areas I'm familiar with over the years. EAD!
Dang!!! Ginger snaps!!! All I'm saying is be a hunter not an asker. Maybe you take up a safer hobby like cross stitching. It's great to help people on here seems I helped you last year. But it does get old when people don't help themselves. So when and if you do shoot something (seems you just want something for the wall) are you going to brag to all your friend about how you found a spot and stumbled on this animal all by yourself or are you going to tell the story how your ass wore a hole a chair scouting online?

I appreciate the feedback and understand where you're coming from. I'm going to head out this weekend and start figuring out the unit. Have a great weekend

This time of year a lot of your bears will be around a water source in the nastiest stuff. Maybe you can glass one up but with heavy foliage and their dark color it will be hard unless your lucky. I would be looking more for scat in the area then the bear its self. If you find a lot of berries in some riperian habitat that would be a good spot for early fall. Be safe take a gun and pop off some shots if you get in spot with heavy brush best not to startle a sow with cubs. Good luck be safe.

Good luck, guy. This hunt is a shell of what it used to be. The overwhelming majority of bears in the unit have been annihilated over the last 2 years. Used to be one of the most unique bear hunting opportunities in the lower 48. Now it sucks. For real. It’s still Hells Canyon country, though. Spend enough time on the glass and you’ll turn up something. Don’t get your hopes up on this tag.

Are you serious or is this some kind of humor that has gone over my head?
If this guy is on his own and only scouting, walking through or beside an area with a high probability of a bear being in close proximity I would definenity shoot into the air if my vision was limited and fresh scat was in the area by a food source as precaution. Human audio only carries so far in a wall of green. I would do the same antler hunting in a slot canyon with sign of cougar inthe area following the deer and elk in the spring. I'm a big boy but not nearly strong enough to fight off a startled bear or hungry mtn lion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom