farmington canyon

bigfoot llamas

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-16 AT 04:00PM (MST)[p]Anyone know if the bottom or top gate is closed up the canyon? Forest service page says its closed nov 1st.

Thanks for saving me the trip. Done it before, makes for a long hike. So with the gate closed youre able to take a four wheeler up to the second gate correct?

I biked over today and the gate is closed, but I believe you can take an ATV up.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-16 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]Thanks for checking it out, made it up the other day. What is the deal with the top gate. Ive parked there 2x now and everybody else drives right around it even though it says on the sign no atv's. Is this not enforced, an outdated sign or is everybody just comfortable breaking the law?

In the spring I snapped some pics of license plates on RZR's that rode around the gate. Obviously it's not enforced very well. You hike all the way to the top and then have some ride by and it gets one a bit fired up. If the Forest Service isn't going to enforce it, they should leave the gates open, otherwise those who obey the laws get the shaft.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

People in this area don't really care about rules. I had my spring bar tent stolen on the opener of the muzzle loader two years ago and someone stole the meat off my buck this year.....

Utards are a bunch of D-bags. I hate going to other states hunting with my Utah plates on because I can only imagine what the residents are thinking. Funny in Colorado they put up a dinky little sign in the road that says no motor vehicles and everyone obeys it. In Utah that's an invitation to drive on through, most signs like that are drove over and broken within the first week of being put up. Buddy from Colorado says "if you drive it in illegally, there ain't no way your driving it out". Haha, damn straight.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom