Father and son double

257weatherby

I thought I would share a few pictures of my son and I's successful opening morning. we spotted the deer around 800 yards and we could tell there was at least one buck in the group so we continued to stalk closer and cut the distance down to 275, when we got there we found that there was another buck with the four point. I told my son to shoot the 4 point and I would do a follow up shot if needed, my son and his 22-250 shot perfectly and the deer stumbled so I put my focus on the second buck and connected also. Within seconds both bucks were rolling down the steep hill right towards us. It was a very special moment that we will never forget. I keep telling my son that he is now ruined, killing a great buck at such a young age, considering the buck I killed is my biggest after 30 years of hunting

13574img2953.jpg

33990img2967.jpg

76452img2948.jpg

18288img2943.jpg

Way to go Dad!!! I love your choice to let your son take the better buck. That kid is hooked for life - look at the grin!!!

So cool.. can't wait for next year to see my boy packing a rifle with me.

Well done... that's what it is all about. That memory will influence and shape that young mans future!

Wow! One of the finest days a man can have.

What do yall think non-hunters could do with their son which come anywhere close to that right there? A day like that changes a boy for the rest of his life.

Congrats! Those are some dandy bucks! Both big bodied deer, I'll bet you guys were tired after packing them out!

Congratulations to you and you son on taking those two great bucks.

Yes a very special moment that you and your son will never forget and talk about for years. The smile on your sons face says it all a Happy Boy.

Now that is a hunt for the books. Love that smile he has.
Both are great bucks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congratulations to both of you!

What a great memory made.

My daughter and I doubled in Wyoming 18 years. The bucks were not nearly as large as yours but the smiles were!

Wishing you and your son many more great moments in the outdoors!

Congrats. Time spent between a father and son hunting is priceless. Success with your son is icing on the cake. I just got to spend an awesome hunt with my 15-year-old who got a Bighorn Sheep. When we dropped it off at abovecamp taxidermy he told me that you are using him also. I've had a couple of bucks done by him. You'll be very pleased with his work. My sons story is over in the sheep forum.

Congrats again.

Congrats, that's really cool! It looks like is your son really enjoyed it! I'm sure both of you will always remember that hunt!

WOW, what an awesome day that had to be. Incredible memory made. So cool.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom