Favorite instant coffee??

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
Whats yer favorites for backpacking? Nescafe Clasico is most affordable, decent flavor... taster s choice light roast is good.... havent tried Starbucks Via - too pricey.

Anyone tried the organic Mount Hagen? At $9 + for 3.5 oz im scared to try it. I may like it! Or Krogers simple truth organic instant?

Any others? I like half of a simple truth organic powdered coconut creamer in it...

I carry a ziplock bag full of Nescafe Taster's Choice in the field. I'm scared to try some of the more fancier brands/flavors for fear of developing an addiction and not being able to find them at my favorite stores. haha

There is no such thing as a "good" instant coffee!!. If you are taking a JetBoil along anyway for meals, a French press and real beans is the way to go.

Uh... not adding a french press to my pack weight. I ve got to save my strength for the pack out!
I m not that much of a coffee snob that i need excellent coffee in backcoumtry, just level 2 coffee!

I second that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

still wondering if anyone has had the organic instant Mount Hagen? and are the starbucks via Columbian good? i usually like a dark French roast - how does columbian compare?

finally got costco membership and the only starbucks via is columbian

I use to use instant and found that one of the silicone setups with a filter screen is just as easy. You are already boiling water and this way you get to use real coffee. It is essentially the same as what they now call ? fresh drip? without the high price

I had Taster's Choice/Nescafe Hazelnut on my elk hunt. It's a medium dark roast and actually has nice flavor with the hazelnut. Popped 2 packs in my 16oz and was great.

Probably cheaper than Starbucks at $3 for 16 packs at Walmart. The Starbucks Via is $6 for 8 packs.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

the folgers
"tea" bags are really good...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I recently saw a review on this topic so thought I'd post the link.
I bought some Dark Timber and liked it fine but it took about 3 weeks or more to get it and I really didn't care for the teabag style as it takes quite a while to brew as I was looking for something quick as I usually get up and want to get going asap. So taste was good but not quick. Perhaps another negative is you then need to pack out the used bags instead of having a product that dissolves.

https://backwoodspursuit.com/best-backpacking-coffee-instant-coffee-review/

The Mount Hagen organic instant single serving packets are quite good. Found them on sale at Natural Grocers. Great for instant, sometimes that's the best option out there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom