Favorite rock & roll singer

littlebull209338

Thinking of my younger years brought back memories of early rock & roll ( my mother hated it ! ) Elvis was my favorite and whenever my mom got on my case I would tell her "don't get all shook up". Ah I came close to death many times ! We saw Elvis in Vegas before he bloated up...what a show..1 1/2 hrs of music. My hair was about as long as his.....started loosing it when I turned 24...there is no justice. Bill Haley, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Duane Eddy and the Everly Brothers was what I listened to.

Thinking of my younger years brought back memories of early rock & roll ( my mother hated it ! ) Elvis was my favorite and whenever my mom got on my case I would tell her "don't get all shook up". Ah I came close to death many times ! We saw Elvis in Vegas before he bloated up...what a show..1 1/2 hrs of music. My hair was about as long as his.....started loosing it when I turned 24...there is no justice. Bill Haley, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Duane Eddy and the Everly Brothers was what I listened to.
Sounds like you're like me -- old as dirt. :ROFLMAO: I just posted a reply to Lumpy about some music in the "When I was young" thread.

Seager & Glen Frey are both on my top 5 list. Frey & Don Henley sang back-up for Seager in Against the Wind and they both were part of Linda Rohnsted's (sp) band.

Seager & Glen Frey are both on my top 5 list. Frey & Don Henley sang back-up for Seager in Against the Wind and they both were part of Linda Rohnsted's (sp) band.
How can you dare to mention Frey & Henley without mentioning the Eagles -- my favoritest group?? That's sacriligious. :ROFLMAO:

Ronstadt's original group early on was the Stone Poneys. Frey & Henley played in the band on one of her tours much later, like early 70s.

I met her once when I was selling stuff to her dad in his hardware/ sporting goods store in Tucson, circa 1972-73. Linda was in town for a family visit, so she & her mom came to go to lunch with her dad.

Paul Rodgers of Bad Company, John C. Fogerty, David Coverdale, David Draiman of Disturbed...he has a decent gun collection.

there are some great singers out there.... not that i love all of his stuff but rod stewart has a great rock n roll voice. used to smoke cigarettes unsucessfully to try and sound like steven tyler of aerosmith. then i went to the dark side and had much love for phil of pantera, james hetfield, bruce dickenson, all the hard rockers. any of ya'll ever heard john arch , the original singer of Fates Warning? operatic metal but amazing if you are into that. love that some guys here are into slayer, metallica, etc. !!!

I’m a 70’s kid so I love all of the 70’s rock from that era. Robert Plant / Zeppelin was my mom’s favorite band, so I grew up liking them also. I love Stevie Nicks voice…

Today I’m into really hard rock / metal even though my age is past that. Lol… I still like what I like. Once a rocker always a rocker.

Paul Rodgers of Bad Company, John C. Fogerty, David Coverdale, David Draiman of Disturbed...he has a decent gun collection.
Disturbed? I dig Stupify and all, but from this era it would have to be Chris Cornell. I wasn’t going to bring him up because none of these geezers would know who he was.

Disturbed? I dig Stupify and all, but from this era it would have to be Chris Cornell. I wasn’t going to bring him up because none of these geezers would know who he was.
Cornell had a great singing voice. He passed away waaaay too young.

Steve Perry, David Coverdale, pat Benatar.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom