Favorite Westerns

Gunnihunter

I see a lot of nostalgia recently on this site. I like old westerns, war movies, monster movies, film noir, etc. What are you favorite western movies and actors ( leading and side kicks )? A few of mine: True Grit (both), Jeremiah Johnson, Unforgiven; Jack Elam, Walter Brennan (he was born old), Sam Elliott, Randolph Scott.

Thank you

oh...I know the Coen brothers...that's why I asked....I love their movies.....

Big Lebowski
Raising Arizona
Oh Brother where art thou........

+1 on the ballad of buster scruggs! vignettes/shorts... some are better than others but overall a great movie. one of the best new flicks i've seen in a while

Firstly; I REALLY agree with Mr. Elk. Just as my Wife and I fell in adornment with Yellowstone the show, it Evaporated. The only thing worse is when the State of California declared Red Bricks a Family's name was embedded into at a large $$$ Cost to such a family under advertising such Bricks shall remain "FOREVER" and during a State authorized project, younger family members were stopped, even via a Police line from reclaiming their Family Named Bricks. No one in Utah will know of such. Someone Local to SF may take the time to find the video of the Inspector saying, everything has a useful lifespan. That was, so wrong.
Yes Elk, we can not trust anything anymore.

El Topo if you are in denver (where mushrooms are legal) and have some time to kill. very strange psychadelic western directed by Jodorowsky. did i mention it is VERY STRANGE?

El Topo if you are in denver (where mushrooms are legal) and have some time to kill. very strange psychadelic western directed by Jodorowsky. did i mention it is VERY STRANGE?
Googled the movie. Alejandro Jadorowski? I’ll watch it for that alone. Give it a shot.

Unpopular opinion: the Coen brother’s version of True Grit (2010) starring Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn is better than Henry Hathaway’s version starring John Wayne from 1969.

Other favorites:
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Godless

Lonesome Dove.
Geronimo
All of the Clint Eastwood movies. I never really liked the John Wayne westerns. I don’t consider him a good actor and the director always made him look clean and well kept. It’s the west in the 1800s, people were dirty. The Clint Eastwood movies made sure the actors were filthy.
Also, anything with Robert Duvall.

How about Gunsmoke I'm coming Mr Dillon
My Grandma and Grandpa would watch that show and also Dean Martin ( The Son's of Kay Elder) and we could not talk when it was on. No instant replay in those days.

The Searchers
Outlaw Josey Whales
The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance
Valdez is Coming
Joe Kidd
One Eyed Jacks
Nevada Smith
Jeremiah Johnson

War Wagon , The Sons of Katie Elder , The Cowboys , The Shootist , and of course I can’t forget .......
4907C18A-ECE6-4883-9A78-BC296F6A17AE.jpeg

The name of my rifle. The Shootist also a nick name givin to me when i was 15 on a hunt. My name John T. My dogs name Duke. My last grand daughters name RockLynn. What do these all have in common? All of the movies posted are good western movies. I enjoy them all.

E55E0379-A789-4D42-AAC7-38020748B473.jpeg

Jeremiah Johnson
Hud
Open Range
Dances with wolves
Outlaw Josie Wells
Hell or Highwater
No country for old men (kind of western)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom