FCFS 011-013 deer

iowacity

I lucked out and picked up at 11-13 deer tag. I’m familiar with the area, but have never hunted deer here. We are going up this weekend to scout. Anyone have any pointers where to start?

Seen that tag generate you probably had it before I considered grabbing it but ultimately decided not to since I’m holding out for a couple certain units.

I was holding out for a few units and kept missing them, finally decided to just pull the trigger on something if it was reasonably close to home.

I lucked out and picked up at 11-13 deer tag. I’m familiar with the area, but have never hunted deer here. We are going up this weekend to scout. Anyone have any pointers where to start?
I've never been to that area, but for what it's worth, the harvest rate is pretty good based on last year's number (67%) and you have a whole month to hunt.

Based on NDOW's Hunter Information sheet for those units, it sounds like it's rough country and they recommended that your off-road rig is in top shape. They also list a number of areas to start your glassing/hunting. Click here for the the Hunter Information Sheet

Last edited:
With what ndow provides on hunter information sheets, onx map, and google earth. There's plenty of information out there. Stop asking for someone's honey hole. Online scouting should be outlawed.

With what ndow provides on hunter information sheets, onx map, and google earth. There's plenty of information out there. Stop asking for someone's honey hole. Online scouting should be outlawed.
Wow, your a real gem. Why even use this sight if you don’t believe in sharing - isn't that the whole point, to share information? I have shared lots of info with others. If you don’t want to - keep it to yourself.

That being said, just got back from scouting. I managed to find a few deer, but it looks like they are spread pretty thin. Thanks to those who provided some starting points.

I’ve got a good lay of the land in 13 and 11 from scouting and turned up a few deer and a couple very nice bucks. Does anyone have info they are willing to share in unit 12? I’m very curious about the wilderness areas in 12. I can trade for info on many other units in NV.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom