Federal BOR lock 350 gr kead bullets.

txhunter58

Long Time Member
These bullets seem to be getting good reports, both in accuracy and in the field performance. The lead ones, not copper. But they are hard to find. This place has “factory seconds” that is reported to have some loose tips. For the price, I thought they were worth the risk to try. One guy said he has ordered more than 20 packs of them and just superglues the loose ones. He says they shoot great. I ordered some

Great price! Thanks for sharing. I grabbed a few to try as well. I’ve never shot the lead version but the coppers shoot and perform very well.

They shoot great. My buddy shot a pronghorn with one a few years ago at 150ish. Devastating and complete penetration with a big exit ( not a big deal on pronghorn I know ). Check the tips on them and glue them. GW in Idaho said they are legal if you remove the tip also.

These bullets seem to be getting good reports, both in accuracy and in the field performance. The lead ones, not copper. But they are hard to find. This place has “factory seconds” that is reported to have some loose tips. For the price, I thought they were worth the risk to try. One guy said he has ordered more than 20 packs of them and just superglues the loose ones. He says they shoot great. I ordered some

Thanks for sharing! I picked some up to try.

Are these legal in CO? It’s getting to be where you have to have a different gun/sight/powder/projectile for every western state lol…

Horniac

Yes these and the 270 grain copper version are legal in CO.
Thanks. CO regs (full) and ID (partial) below. So no issue with the polymer tip that I can see in CO.

Non-lead polymer tip is the reason they are illegal in ID since it makes them not “wholly of lead or lead alloy”? Has anyone tried shooting them without the polymer tip?

Thanks,

Horniac

COLORADO

2. MUZZLELOADING RIFLES & SMOOTHBORE MUSKETS
a. Only legal muzzleloaders allowed in muzzleloading seasons.
b. In-line muzzleloaders are legal.
c. Must be a single barrel that fires a single round ball or conical projectile. d. To hunt deer, pronghorn or bear, conical bullets must be a minimum of .40
caliber, and round-ball bullets must be a minimum of .50 caliber.
e. To hunt elk or moose, conical bullets must be a minimum of .50 caliber, and
round-ball bullets must be a minimum of .54 caliber.
f. From .40 caliber to .50 caliber, bullets must weigh a minimum of 170 grains. g. If greater than .50 caliber, bullets must weigh a minimum of 210 grains.
h. Shotshell primers and B.O.R. Lock MZ System bullets are legal.
i. Pelletized powder systems are prohibited during muzzleloading seasons.
j. Cannot be loaded from the breech during muzzleloading seasons.
k. Only open or iron sights allowed in muzzleloading seasons. Fiber optics
and fluorescent paint incorporated into or on open or iron sights are legal. Scopes or any sighting device using artificial light, batteries and electronic gear are prohibited during muzzleloading seasons.
l. Sabots are prohibited during muzzleloading seasons. Cloth patches are not sabots.
m. Smokeless powder is prohibited in muzzleloading seasons. Black powder
and black-powder substitutes are legal.
n. Electronic or battery-powered devices cannot be incorporated into or at-
tached to muzzleloader during muzzleloading seasons

IDAHO

Loaded with a patched round ball or conical non-jacketed projectile comprised wholly of lead or lead alloy.

No Issue in CO with the tip. CO you can use the copper ones also. It is just ID lead no tips. Removal just kills the BC some but does not effect accuracy. Not much difference to 100 have not shot them past that without the tip, it’s just the tip....

i have used these for a few years (at txhunter's recommendation, i think! thanks!) they shoot great at the range and perform very well on deer at about 45 and 17 yards! have not had to shoot them very far at a deer yet. bought several packs of 15 a couple years ago, have not looked for them in a couple.

Never heard of Grice Gun Shop before this thread but they are legit. Got (8) packs of them delivered in quick order. Haven’t had a chance to shoot them yet but looking forward to having another good bullet option to stuff down the smokepole!

Horniac
I ordered 3 packs too, haven't showed up yet, but I just ordered 3 days ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom