Federal Premium muzzleloading copper bullets

littlebull209338

Has anyone tried these bullets? I usually shoot Powerbelt Premium 338 grain but have been a little disappointed in consistent accuracy. I bought a Bog Pod death grip tripod today. It looks very impressive, a lot sturdier than the older tripod I have.

they prob shoot well but there are concerns about the expansion of this bullet. that's why i chose the 350 gr lead alloy Federal BOR loc. I shot a buck through front shoulder at 40 yds (he was quartering to my left, walking towards me...) Bullet entered above his left shoulder and lodged under skin at his right flank. Flat bullet/pancaked. happy with 350 gr lead's performance.

Thank you for your response. What and how much powder were you shooting ? Season is 60 days away for me. Kinda like waiting for christmas when I was a kid !

I use 90-95 gr (by volume) of BH 209 with a 350 gr lead alloy bullet. Mine was hornady fpb but should perform about the same in terminal performance As the federal. As to accuracy, you will just have to experiment.

But I do agree that I would choose the 350 gr lead over the 270 copper

Last edited:
I appreciate Your advice.....gona start target practicing next week. I will be hunting CO & KS for deer this year. My elk hunting days have waved BYE BYE...darn it.

Good luck finding the right combo for your gun. thanks to txhunter for the advice that led me to this bullet. Good luck hunting to all!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom