Fertitta Brothers (UFC) buy Pride!!!!!!

C

Cabo

This is the best news in a very, very long time for any MMA fan. Now we will see some of the biggest superfights ever. They will still run Pride separately but have a few "supershows" a year. From a fan, we will finally see some fights we have dreamed about but couldn't happen because it was two different organizations.

Can't wait to see Chuck Liddell kick the absolute crap out of Wanderlei Silva.

I am excited to see Chuck, GSP, Arlovski, etc... fight some other guys. I think Chuck beats Wanderlei. He doesn't have the chin to withstand a punch from Chuck. The fight I MUST see is Chuck vs. Shogun Rua. I think Shogun has passed Silva and will beat Hendo and then they should set up Shogun vs. Chuck.

I don't know if I can put up links but here is a cool one to check out. A lot of people claim that Chuck throws loopy punches but I think he has a good idea of what he's doing. This shows just how hard he hits.

You can also surf around there and search for Mauricio "Shogun" Rua if you haven't seen him fight. Very exciting!!

Ya,I think Liddell knows what he is doing. He has made guys like Couture, Ortiz, Sobral, just look like chumps. And he would do the same to Wanderlei Silva. Liddell is on a roll right now. I know Rampage beat him in Pride, but Rampage impressed me very little when he fought Eastman a couple months ago. I see Liddell taring Rampage up in May. I know Liddell's winning streak will come to an end sometime, but until it does he is still the baddest man in the UFC.

I have watched very little Pride. Sounds like they have some great talent. Thanks for the links.

Is it that obvious I'm a HUGE Liddell fan???

Hey...I myself am a huge Liddell fan. We are both born and raised in the same town. He still does a bunch of events locally to help out organizations. This weekend in fact he will be doing an event for Martial Arts and the public is welcome there.

Rampage did beat him and pretty bad I will admit. I think Chuck is now very, very confident in himself, his hands and takedown defense.

I find myself thinking about all the "dream" matches I would like to see with the merger. It should be very interesting.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-07 AT 05:03PM (MST)[p]That's awesome. I would like to meet him someday. He just seems like a genuine guy. He seems like a guy you could hang out with. He's a badass and he know's it, but he doesn't come across that way.

Rampage better bring his "A" game or he won't last the first 2 minutes.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-07 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]Matt Lindland?

There was some talk on this website that Matt Lindland was one of the best if not the best middleweight in the world. I was just watching UFC Greatest Knockouts 4 on Spike and saw Matt Lindland on the receiving end of a brutal KO. Dude got worked in like 30 seconds. Am I missing something about this guy?

>Ya,I think Liddell knows what he
>is doing. He has made
>guys like Couture, Ortiz, Sobral,
>just look like chumps.
>

Should not have used the word "chumps". You have to respect anyone who steps into the cage. What I meant to say is that Liddell walked right through them very easily. Couture is a great fighter, great commentator, and seems like a great guy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom