Few Alberta mule deer of ours

Rackmastr

Hey All!

New to the site after reading it for years. Figured I'd post up a few of the bucks that I've killed in Alberta with myself or family. I look forward to posting here and know a bunch of members from 24hrcampfire, Rokslide, Hunttalk, etc, etc

First buck is my Dads 2015 buck. It grossed right at 200". We hunted him for a couple days before it all came together and we found him in his bed and snuck right in.

IMG_8330.JPG

Next is my buck from a year or two before. Ridiculous cold, deep snow over the knees in a lot of places. A friend spotted this guy with some does and made a call for us to get over there. We snuck in to 300 yards and when his does stood up and tried to get around a corner. Anchored him in the deep snow with a single shot. He grossed 187 with big gnarly bases that were caked in ice.

IMG_9094745038596.jpeg

FB_IMG_1446599012080.jpg

This is my wife's buck from 2018. We couldnt find a big old giant but this was the best buck we could make a play on and was a super fun hunt in a river bottom a few miles from where I shot mine and my father shot his.

The second is a bigger buck my friends wife had a shot at opening day. Just couldnt make it work and he gave us the slip.

PB162041.JPG

PB142013.JPG

We all love looking at those buck photos. You have some nice ones there.
I’m curious if you see any mule deer whitetail crosses in your neck of the woods?
Thanks for posting!

We all love looking at those buck photos. You have some nice ones there.
I’m curious if you see any mule deer whitetail crosses in your neck of the woods?
Thanks for posting!

Hey thanks. No haven't seen any cross or hybrids that I've ever noticed. Funny enough my Dads buck when he was measured the scorer didnt believe it was a mulie, but hes 100% mule deer. Cool antlers though for sure.

I also thought your dad’s Buck may have some Whitetail blood mixed in.

Years ago I hunted the border of Wyoming and South Dakota and it was reported that there were some hybrids in that area.
Not sure if it was true or not or if it’s even possible?
Thanks

Welcome !! Great looking bucks & huge bodies too. You hunters have a fine place to hunt ! Enjoyed the photos ! Jerry Gold ? Fort Collins, Colorado

Your Dad's buck has to have some whitetail genetics in his past. The way all of those tines grow up off of the main beams is incredible.

Thanks for all the welcomes and comments guys! Have had a few good years for sure. Lucky to have lived in SE Alberta back in the early 2000's and used to see bucks over 180 almost weekly back and forth to work. Hell, I remember growing up in the Calgary bow zone we would see bucks over 200" quite often. Not the same as it used to be but a pretty cool place none the less.

Hey All!

New to the site after reading it for years. Figured I'd post up a few of the bucks that I've killed in Alberta with myself or family. I look forward to posting here and know a bunch of members from 24hrcampfire, Rokslide, Hunttalk, etc, etc

First buck is my Dads 2015 buck. It grossed right at 200". We hunted him for a couple days before it all came together and we found him in his bed and snuck right in.

View attachment 5737
Wow! Crazy antler coming out of the side of his head!

Great bucks and welcome to MM. That is my kind of country where you are hunting. Alberta has a lot to like about it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom