Fiber optic upgrade for the Williams globe sight

3TOE

Very Active Member
So I recently received my CVA Paramount Pro recently & I wasn’t too happy with the insert set that came with the Williams Western globe, my eyes just aren’t what they used to be & I had a hard time seeing the fine crosshairs in the globe with my glasses. First I tried to dab some luminous paint on the crosshairs & that didn’t work. Next, I turned to the good ol’ internet.
After a lot of research online & a few phone calls to Williams & Truglo, I found this fiber optic screw in from Truglo. I plan to remove the crosshairs, but I wanted to share this for anyone else that had the same problem as myself. The Truglo globe is actually intended for Match air rifles.
5A0F9AC4-5942-47E1-8F0E-107EDCA6F18E.jpeg
271E4ECD-4B0C-42BE-BC35-C483DD9C1CA4.jpeg
760C6227-238C-4039-84CB-44A6B0581D48.jpeg
A1FFBC32-0BFB-40B3-96DA-922F722A911F.jpeg
I should add that Williams states they are working on a fiber optic sight, but had no idea when it would be ready for commercial sale.

No I haven’t. I have been away from home 3 out of the past 4 weeks. Now that the weather is starting to cool down & my schedule is relaxing a bit, I hope to get out soon to put a few rounds through it.

I’m lost a globe with a scope but I definitely see where the fiber optic is nicer than the crosshairs. I was shooting one with my buddy last night it was hard to see when our target was in the shadow.

When I look up the sight that is on your package it shows something that doesn’t screw into a round barrel. It clamps on an airgun. Please list a link and or how you connected to your gun.

Truglo had one like that in the past specifically for muzzleloaderS, without the crosshairs, but removed it from the market because it kept breaking under recoil. I loved it!

I wonder if the crosshairs stabilize it better so it doesn’t break the fiberoptic strand.

Last edited:
I’m lost a globe with a scope but I definitely see where the fiber optic is nicer than the crosshairs. I was shooting one with my buddy last night it was hard to see when our target was in the shadow.

I’m setting the gun up to hunt with both a scope & open sights. I live in NV where scopes aren’t allowed, but I sometimes will hunt in states that allow them.

When I look up the sight that is on your package it shows something that doesn’t screw into a round barrel. It clamps on an airgun. Please list a link and or how you connected to your gun.

Truglo had one like that in the past specifically for muzzleloaderS, without the crosshairs, but removed it from the market because it kept breaking under recoil. I loved it!

I wonder if the crosshairs stabilize it better so it doesn’t break the fiberoptic strand.

The Truglo part that I purchased just screws right into the Williams Western globe sight. The M18 TG-920G is the model number & does not come with its own globe.

I’m concerned about it holding up to recoil & if it does break, I will just have to wait until Williams releases their own version. I was honestly surprised that a fiber optic wasn’t more readily available & had a tough time finding this set up for a solution.

I purchased mine on Amazon
7B64E970-D5E1-44F0-A2E0-2270BBCD65F9.png

Are you saying that you have a Williams globe already installed and you remove the fiberoptic front piece from the whole M18 TG-920G and can screw that into the front of the Williams?. And you can then remove the crosshair insert? I am in Colorado elk hunting so I don’t have access to the fiberoptic sight right now But pretty sure I already have the part you got. I suspect it will break eventually from the recoil (my original did) but worked great while it lasted

Last edited:
Are you saying that you have a Williams globe already installed and you remove the fiberoptic front piece from the whole M18 TG-920G and can screw that into the front of the Williams?. And you can then remove the crosshair insert? I am in Colorado elk hunting so I don’t have access to the fiberoptic sight right now But pretty sure I already have the part you got. I suspect it will break eventually from the recoil (my original did) but worked great while it lasted

Yes I have a Williams globe that came with my new Paramount Pro Colorado. The picture below is what I bought TG-920G. The crosshairs are just inserts that came with the globe that can be removed. I simply removed the retaining ring for the inserts & screwed in the Truglo part.

41645F41-7A86-4054-971B-E051A4126CEA.jpeg

No I haven’t. My work schedule has been crazy with travel. I hope to go out within the next few weeks to put a few rounds through it.

3TOE, I just bought an Accura V2 LR. Want to set mine up for scope and open sights as well. I also want a front globe (Lyman or Williams). Curious what your doing for rear sight. Williams makes an Ace in the Hole picatinny rail with rear peep that you can mount scope right to the rail. Problem is the guy at Williams says that depending on how high or low my gun shoots will determine if that rear peep will go high enough to match front globe. Curious what you came up with for rear sight.

3TOE, I just bought an Accura V2 LR. Want to set mine up for scope and open sights as well. I also want a front globe (Lyman or Williams). Curious what your doing for rear sight. Williams makes an Ace in the Hole picatinny rail with rear peep that you can mount scope right to the rail. Problem is the guy at Williams says that depending on how high or low my gun shoots will determine if that rear peep will go high enough to match front globe. Curious what you came up with for rear sight.
Hey how are you? I ran into the same issue. Williams couldn’t tell me exact compatibility because it depends on the height of your receiver vs the contour / size of the barrel.
I wanted the ability to switch from open sights to scoped depending on the state that I was going to hunt. I ended up mounting a picatinny style scope mount & bought this rear site from NECG.
4E523D7A-E427-487C-AF59-291E3ADBF46C.png
Even with this set up the POI was too high. I actually had to remove the picatinny and drill out one of the high flats in order to get the ghost ring low enough to correct the problem. To be honest I’m not over the top happy with the set up but there really aren’t many options available. I say just buy what you believe you would like then spend some time making adjustments if it isn’t perfect, you may have to get creative with shimming etc... My biggest issue was that nobody made a mount specifically for the .50 cal Paramount since it was a newer option. I’m hopeful that someone will make something eventually. At least you have a good starting point.
Hopefully that helps a little. ??

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks for the info. I asked the guy at Williams about shimming that rear sight, but he acted like I was getting into sketchy rigging. I guy I know has shimmed a couple others rear sights but not the whole rail. He’s supposed to be possibly helping me out. What a pain. Thanks again.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I asked the guy at Williams about shimming that rear sight, but he acted like I was getting into sketchy rigging. I guy I know has shimmed a couple others rear sights but not the whole rail. He’s supposed to be possibly helping me out. What a pain. Thanks again.
No problem at all. Hopefully you can get a solid set up to work. I went ahead and zeroed first with open sights. I haven’t even shot yet with the scope mounted. I didn’t want to undo any progress I may make by going backwards. Good luck!

Thanks. I’m going to go in the same order. I can’t believe Williams makes an Ace in the Hole rail with no globe to match it. Never shot a globe before but I like the looks of it and really want to go that route. I also applied for Utah and want the option of both. Will be a nice setup once figured out.

Im looking at a Colorado deer hunt this year and need to figure out something for my Thompson Encore. My buddy set up a Muzzy last year with front globe sight and he said in low light it was impossible to se the crosshair.

Im looking at a Colorado deer hunt this year and need to figure out something for my Thompson Encore. My buddy set up a Muzzy last year with front globe sight and he said in low light it was impossible to se the crosshair.
I haven’t shot in low light or hunted in low light with the Truglo yet. I’m hopeful that it will be as good as my fiber optic bow sight.
I will agree that the crosshairs are difficult to see. I don’t have the best vision anymore, so I struggle to see the crosshairs in the globe in fair to good light.

It’s a primitive weapon hunt
It’s supposed to not be easy.
Everyone is complaining about technology but yet still we’re all pushing it to the limit!

You can only push open sights so far. Rather than easy, I would say limited range is what they are after. If you were talking magnified scopes, then I would agree, but with the crosshair front globes, that takes away shooting in deep shade or the last 15 minutes of legal shooting light for me.

I few years back I did a muzzleloader hunt in CO and saw my target buck within range several times, but he was always in the dark pines. I couldn’t shoot because I couldn’t see my sights well enough to chance it.

Well as has been said its not about pushing the limits but at 68 my eyes just are not what they used to be. Hard to use open sights and get a clear sight picture. I'm not looking to extend my shooting distance just ensure an accurate shot.

Would neon glow in the dark paint be legal for the crosshairs? Asking for a friend.?
I don't see why not, it does not include any electronics or artificial light, but wonder how well they would do at dawn. They require "charging" by light before they would glow. And first light doesn't give you that.

I have only shot it with the scope. I haven’t even fired a single round through it with the globe mounted.
I have a whitetail hunt this fall in OK & they allow the use of scopes.

I tried it and could see it fine except for the first 15 min and last 15 min of shooting light. Wasn’t willing to accept that.

Yes I have a Williams globe that came with my new Paramount Pro Colorado. The picture below is what I bought TG-920G. The crosshairs are just inserts that came with the globe that can be removed. I simply removed the retaining ring for the inserts & screwed in the Truglo part.

View attachment 14875
What Williams globe. This setup does not screw into the globe I have from Williams.

So I recently received my CVA Paramount Pro recently & I wasn’t too happy with the insert set that came with the Williams Western globe, my eyes just aren’t what they used to be & I had a hard time seeing the fine crosshairs in the globe with my glasses. First I tried to dab some luminous paint on the crosshairs & that didn’t work. Next, I turned to the good ol’ internet.
After a lot of research online & a few phone calls to Williams & Truglo, I found this fiber optic screw in from Truglo. I plan to remove the crosshairs, but I wanted to share this for anyone else that had the same problem as myself. The Truglo globe is actually intended for Match air rifles. View attachment 14735View attachment 14736View attachment 14738View attachment 14740I should add that Williams states they are working on a fiber optic sight, but had no idea when it would be ready for commercial sale.
What Williams globe? This did not work with the globe I have

That’s different than the one on the picture. I have that globe and it does not screw in. Notice on that globe the base is a solid piece and also in the globe you posted there is a slide adjustment so I am thinking they are different radius.

789C588E-C8F3-4C0A-B284-0F54CD82BFB6.jpeg

I see what you are saying. The Williams Western Precision that came with my CVA has a base that mounts to barrel so you can remove the front globe when you are using a scope set up. Try contacting Williams to ask why the difference. Back 6 months or so, they told me that they were wiring on a fiber optic upgrade for their globes. I haven’t seen anything yet, but maybe they are close to releasing something.

Hey 3TOE, stupid question, Are you saying you have to remove the front globe when the scope is on there? Asking because my son drew a muzzleloader Bull tag in Nevada and wants to use my new Accura, but I drew a Utah Antelope tag and want to put the scope on same gun and take off when I’m done. Looks similar to your setup you posted.

Hey 3TOE, stupid question, Are you saying you have to remove the front globe when the scope is on there? Asking because my son drew a muzzleloader Bull tag in Nevada and wants to use my new Accura, but I drew a Utah Antelope tag and want to put the scope on same gun and take off when I’m done. Looks similar to your setup you posted.
Technically no I don’t have to remove it. If I keep the scopes power turned up I can’t see the globe in the lense. When I turn the power down I can see it. The globe that came with my gun is easily removable by hand, so it’s easier to me to just take it off to get it out of the way if I need to turn the power down say for low light conditions.

"I should add that Williams states they are working on a fiber optic sight, but had no idea when it would be ready for commercial sale."

Have been following this site for 5+ years, finally dove in for this thread. Has anyone figured out a solution for the low light and shade problem, or is there any update ref the Williams fiber optic sight (or something comparable). Am guessing there are more than a few animals being wounded and not recovered with muzzy's due to this issue, which isn't cool. Much Thanks!

"I should add that Williams states they are working on a fiber optic sight, but had no idea when it would be ready for commercial sale."

Have been following this site for 5+ years, finally dove in for this thread. Has anyone figured out a solution for the low light and shade problem, or is there any update ref the Williams fiber optic sight (or something comparable). Am guessing there are more than a few animals being wounded and not recovered with muzzy's due to this issue, which isn't cool. Much Thanks!
I haven’t personally followed up or looked on Williams site lately to see if they have come up with anything.
I completely agree with you though… it’s rather surprising that no one in the industry has jumped on this issue & developed a good small diameter fiber optic for muzzleloaders.

Will pass along any info I come across, if anyone else has further please advise.

By chance has anyone tried a single post in a globe sight (mine has Sharps type inserts in a Pedersolli globe), and added a dab of white out at the top of the post?

Will pass along any info I come across, if anyone else has further please advise.

By chance has anyone tried a single post in a globe sight (mine has Sharps type inserts in a Pedersolli globe), and added a dab of white out at the top of the post?

That's what I use for hunting. I have the Lee Shavers BPCR inserts and I use the medium size pin that is painted.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom