Fierce rifles

blktljunkie

Anybody own a newer fierce rifle with the C3 carbon barrel in 28 nosler that they can tell me the O.D. at the brake? I can't stand the giant carbon barrels like christensen and the fierces I've looked at but by the pictures I've seen lately the new C3 barrels appear to be smaller or maybe it's just my mind wanting them to be smaller. Any info is appreciated thanks

I ve got no dog in this fight but I do suggest anyone considering a Fierce rifle read this thread:

You could build a custom rifle to your own specs also. Bartlein makes lighter contour carbon barrels as does others.
I’d definitely go that route before buying a Fierce rifle.

I think BigPig gave you all the advice you need on Fierce. I’d encourage anyone that is considering a Fierce to read the Rokslide link. No riflings in barrel and that sort of response from a company??

They aren’t bad… basically a spawn of Christensen Arms but they use a Sako action, which is a much better action than the the Rem 700 action that CA uses IMO. However I’ve seen similar issues with both when it comes to chambering and head spacing. Factory rifles are always like a jar of jelly beans… sometimes you can get a sweet one you really like, other times you get an absolute lemon you want to spit out in the trash.

They aren’t bad… basically a spawn of Christensen Arms but they use a Sako action, which is a much better action than the the Rem 700 action that CA uses IMO. However I’ve seen similar issues with both when it comes to chambering and head spacing. Factory rifles are always like a jar of jelly beans… sometimes you can get a sweet one you really like, other times you get an absolute lemon you want to spit out in the trash.
Mogle used to run Christensen. Fierce and Christensen both use their own actions. mtmuley

I’m aware of this… own actions? What do you mean. Christensen is built off a rem700 style action and fierce is built off a sako/tikka style action..
Yeah. But whether they manufacture their actions or out source them I have no idea. I have looked at both to possibly purchase. Decided to just keep my Remingtons and rebarrel. mtmuley

Yeah. But whether they manufacture their actions or out source them I have no idea. I have looked at both to possibly purchase. Decided to just keep my Remingtons and rebarrel. mtmuley
That’s a good way to go. I have a lot of rem 700s that I’ve done pre fit barrels on and they flat shoot. Last Christensen I messed with was a buddies 6.5prc and you’d be even more accurate throwing that gun at animal than shooting at it… put my no-go gauges to it and it was all out of whack.

That’s a good way to go. I have a lot of rem 700s that I’ve done pre fit barrels on and they flat shoot. Last Christensen I messed with was a buddies 6.5prc and you’d be even more accurate throwing that gun at animal than shooting at it… put my no-go gauges to it and it was all out of whack.
It's amazing you can buy a Ruger American and be MOA or less, then get a rifle from Fierce or Christensen and have nothing but trouble. mtmuley

It's amazing you can buy a Ruger American and be MOA or less, then get a rifle from Fierce or Christensen and have nothing but trouble. mtmuley
I took a ruger American 6mm creedmoor and did some cosmetic surgery to it and it will shoot groups with factory 108eldms most would pay good money for a custom rifle to do… video is dad shooting it.

7F4A0B88-0A18-45DD-9B3B-CD0E285569F7.jpeg
3D3ADDC9-FC4B-48E4-B3B4-56943135939B.jpeg

i read it i didn't believe it i bought a fierce carbon rogue titanium in 7mm prc with 24" brl and it shoots .3" groups with 175 eld-x very happy with it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom