Fillmore oak Creek south (doe antelope)

c86man3

I am hunting this unit this week. I hunted today and scouted a couple weeks ago. Seems like most of the antelope are on private. Does anybody have any ideas where to check for antelope does on public? I found a couple this evening, but they were very skittish.

I'll be getting after them tomorrow!

Thanks

If you can find out who owns the land you could probably get access to kill a doe antelope. I'd imagine most don't want them eating their crops.

You must not have scouted very hard. There were goats all over the place, and you could drive right up to them. Hunt the edges of the private on the BLM. Don’t make things harder than they need to be

We didn't start hunting until yesterday. I think between the opener and yesterday, they got pretty skittish. Got close a couple times, but they bolt before I can make it happen. Definitely no driving up to them today.

Use your ONx maps and hit up some landowners most of them will gladly let you hunt as long as you dont leave a gut pile in their fields

We didn't start hunting until yesterday. I think between the opener and yesterday, they got pretty skittish. Got close a couple times, but they bolt before I can make it happen. Definitely no driving up to them today.
I can tell you they didn’t see any pressure on the opener

So which is it? Earlier you said "you could drive right up to them" and now "had to actually hunt to have success". Seems like no matter what I posted in this thread, you needed to be negative.
Oh you can drive right up to them. But every now and then, you actually have to put forth a little effort to be successful and that always seems to surprise people for some reason

Some of my more memorable hunts were antlerless hunts which stretched my hunting skills. They can all seem easy until they are not and I have experienced both kinds. The fortunate thing about all of them is that you are HUNTING, which in and of itself is way better than any day in front of the TV or at work.
Congratulations on your success c86man3. I'm glad you kept at it and also made sure to have a good time in the process. In the end, that's what it's all about.

Some of my more memorable hunts were antlerless hunts which stretched my hunting skills. They can all seem easy until they are not and I have experienced both kinds. The fortunate thing about all of them is that you are HUNTING, which in and of itself is way better than any day in front of the TV or at work.
Congratulations on your success c86man3. I'm glad you kept at it and also made sure to have a good time in the process. In the end, that's what it's all about.
What he said

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom