Fillmore oakcreek muzzy tag

"Fun little hunt"..?? I like that.

Congrats on a solid tag. Low hunter numbers will be nice. I've heard it is a difficult hunt due to the terrain and thick vegetation. I hope you get some good info from other guys. There aren't usually too many guys posting about this unit due to the low tag numbers.

Keep us all posted..!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

with all the money spent at auctions this year, there must be a monster out there :D do some scouting or simply follow the guide trucks around, will give you a starting point... lol

Seriously, good luck!
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I will be able to scout the unit, which is the main reason I put in for it. I didn't burn too many points and really am just glad to be hunting in Utah again...

My brother drew it a second time for archery this year can't wait!
hornkiller.jpg

Congrats on drawing the tag. I was able to draw the rifle tag for the Oak Creek unit this year. Sure would have been nice to have drawn it last year. I have taken on new employment and don't have a ton of time build up to do as much scouting as I would like. Oh well I will take what I have and make the best of it.

Good luck on your hunt.

Congrats on the tag!! I had the same tag in 07 and spend a fair amount of time on the unit. Should have been hunting the unit this year with family but point creep got the best of us this year 16 points wasn't even enough to pull a rifle tag

Tough hunt, never saw any of the good bucks I scouted all summer. Honestly, spent days hiking and glassing and killed the biggest buck I found. I didn't measure, but I doubt he breaks 170. Not the mature buck I was hoping.

We all want to see what you came away with..!! You should never feel embarrassed about the animal you harvested... We all know that Oak Creek is a hard unit and if you worked hard and killed the biggest buck you found, then we will all congratulate you..!! :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

>We all want to see what
>you came away with..!! You
>should never feel embarrassed about
>the animal you harvested... We
>all know that Oak Creek
>is a hard unit and
>if you worked hard and
>killed the biggest buck you
>found, then we will all
>congratulate you..!! :)

+10000000
Never apologize or feel embarrassed over a kill, you liked what you saw and shot a legal animal!
Congrats, lets see a pic :)
Mntman

Any of you guys happen to be Troy from St. George? This is Rob from Oak City. Just wondering how your brother did

It's all about the memories. Some of the most memorable animals I have on the wall are not the biggest I have. But they are the ones that mean the most. Be proud of the experience you don't have to proof anything to anyone!

Congrats on your buck. The experience is the prize

Lot of folks buy or draw this tag not knowing the unit. It is an eye opener when the hunt gets rolling and the big bucks are scarce. I too heard there were only 3 or 4 hunters who punched their tag.Tough Unit.

I fully understand and mostly agree. However, if you saw some of the big bucks I filmed during the summer, you would understand why it was a let down. I simply filled a tag. My kids love deer jerky.

The bucks simply disappear once they lose their velvet. I want into the nasty holes after them, but didn't have any luck.

On a positive note, I still have two NM tags left and killed a good Colorado Muzzy bull this year...

great buck,
if we all shot the biggest buck every trip, hunting wouldn't be hunting... congrats again :D

Mntman

Great buck!!! Congrats! You're not the first person down there I've heard who found deer early on and then when the hunt started had a hard time finding them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom