Finally CPW is on the equity bandwagon…

elks96

Long Time Member
Found this little nugget on the CPW Facebook page… So exciting that equity is now a goal… Between this and the damaging trail grants etc. Wildlife management is not longer the goal of CPW it is an after thought.
3204B111-2C7B-4EF6-A6E1-F1E42145C415.png
3204B111-2C7B-4EF6-A6E1-F1E42145C415.png

Can't wait to see how CPW shakes out when they hire their lastest Executive Director. This person will do great things for equality.

God help them for trying to get people involved in the outdoors. Especially disabled youth and native youth. Cuz F’ those guys am I right?!?

Here are a few things that stink about it:
1. Whoever spearheaded the effort likely did so primarily for their own gain. They likely got recognition, their friend got some business, etc.
2. Very few people here disagree with everyone having opportunities, but they disagree about how to go about it. Unfortunately, people start to confuse someone's view on methods with bigotry. Being against the grants doesn't mean you are against any group.
3. People don't always consider how they ignore their own biases. I see most people in favor of the youth preference the CPW has enacted. Personally, I am not. I am not against youth. I just think it is more fair that the rules are the same for everyone. If you are okay with preference for youth, why not more preference for poor or city bound youth?

I hate the term "traditionally-excluded" in the text above. Maybe a Monster Muley group should band together to create some opportunity for someone without grants, or a special draw. I'd help out. Maybe the Founder can create a forum to capture the things we already do!

That's because saber-tooth tigers went extinct. When people needed to worry more about survival, the stupidity didn't exist.
Your posts get dumber all the time.

Please diagram for me how equity progams in a goobermint agency are the result of humans losing their survival instincts.

The saber tooths would have definitely targeted you…….tell me again the story about Native kids having it so good.:rolleyes:

I don't disagree roadrunner. Yet he has a strong following. They have greater ambitions too wanting to be president and with that in mind I'd look for more of this type of stuff to come forward.

I don't disagree roadrunner. Yet he has a strong following. They have greater ambitions too wanting to be president and with that in mind I'd look for more of this type of stuff to come forward.

Well, at least the hard fall isn't too far off. Then we can get back on track.

when was the last time you saw a LTGBQ "person" interested in anything outdoors besides picking flowers??‍♂️
I’ve got two gay coworkers. Two of the nicest people I’ve ever met and one of them is as good of a hunter as anyone I know. She killed a 175” whitetail with her bow this year.
Just a thought but maybe your comment is the exact reason they are doing this. How is getting people involved in the outdoors a bad thing? Just because you don’t agree with them on things and they don’t look like you doesn’t mean that the outdoors community doesn’t need more people involved.

I’ve got two gay coworkers. Two of the nicest people I’ve ever met and one of them is as good of a hunter as anyone I know. She killed a 175” whitetail with her bow this year.
Just a thought but maybe your comment is the exact reason they are doing this. How is getting people involved in the outdoors a bad thing? Just because you don’t agree with them on things and they don’t look like you doesn’t mean that the outdoors community doesn’t need more people involved.
Ok so I stand corrected, But what exactly was excluding them from getting involved before??

Ok so I stand corrected, But what exactly was excluding them from getting involved before??
I’m not sure. They are definitely underrepresented in the outdoor community though. (As you so eloquently pointed out with your first post). Lack of exposure due to upbringing perhaps? That’s likely where some of the earmarked money will go, figuring out why and how to get more people involved. Maybe with a little research and understanding we can get more of these “people” (only in parentheses because you felt it necessary to put it that way like they were something other then) on board with what we all love to help protect it in the future.

I’m not sure. They are definitely underrepresented in the outdoor community though. (As you so eloquently pointed out with your first post). Lack of exposure due to upbringing perhaps? That’s likely where some of the earmarked money will go, figuring out why and how to get more people involved. Maybe with a little research and understanding we can get more of these “people” (only in parentheses because you felt it necessary to put it that way like they were something other then) on board with what we all love to help protect it in the future.
Agreed, But why does it take money on someone else's part to get them involved? How they were brought up has nothing to do with rubbing money on it? Why do they need special funds and programs to get involved? We didn't have any special funds or help? Whats next? Their own special season?

Agreed, But why does it take money on someone else's part to get them involved? How they were brought up has nothing to do with rubbing money on it? Why do they need special funds and programs to get involved? We didn't have any special funds or help? Whats next? Their own special season?
Every state has money set aside for hunter recruitment, nothing new there. You and I fund programs to get more hunters involved. Only reason this triggers people is because it is targeting groups that traditionally have LESS involvement than white hetero males. I don’t see how that’s a problem. When I hunt I don’t hunt the entire unit, I pick out areas of high potential to have a good result. Targeting a demographic through smart recruitment makes sense.

Every state has money set aside for hunter recruitment, nothing new there. You and I fund programs to get more hunters involved. Only reason this triggers people is because it is targeting groups that traditionally have LESS involvement than white hetero males. I don’t see how that’s a problem. When I hunt I don’t hunt the entire unit, I pick out areas of high potential to have a good result. Targeting a demographic through smart recruitment makes sense.

Maybe because some of the largest contributors to the social slush fund are "white hetero males"? Maybe?

Maybe because some of the largest contributors to the social slush fund are "white hetero males"? Maybe?
So we should target “white hetero males” with our outdoors recruitment efforts? They’re already buying what they’re selling. Why would you want your money to go there? Let’s get some diversity in the woods, those LGBTQ native disabled kids have friends and family that might be a little more understanding of hunting and fishing in the future. That’s good for all of us. Even those among us that don’t like LGBTQ Native disabled kids.

So we should target “white hetero males” with our outdoors recruitment efforts? They’re already buying what they’re selling. Why would you want your money to go there? Let’s get some diversity in the woods, those LGBTQ native disabled kids have friends and family that might be a little more understanding of hunting and fishing in the future. That’s good for all of us. Even those among us that don’t like LGBTQ Native disabled kids.

I would rather my tax dollars be spent on infrastructure where it belongs.

I would rather Game and Fish funds be spent on wildlife management and an equal opportunity for the recruitment of all youth.

All of those people the state is trying to help need to put in with the general population! That is Fair, Not pulling out millions in a pork fat proposal. I am not gay or Indian or etc, Where the hell is the special treatment for Me Me Me!

CPW is not just hunting anymore. These are also birdwatching programs for inner city kids in parks and God only knows what else.

But the poor little colored kids aren’t stealing your tags. Yet.
You’ll have to ignore RR. He’s bitter about pissing away the opportunities his white privilege afforded him.

I’ll add little colored kids to the list of those with their boot on his neck. :ROFLMAO:

I’d tell him to move here so he can do something about it, but I’d rather he move to UT or WY so he can fix things there.

Last edited:
I would rather my tax dollars be spent on infrastructure where it belongs.

I would rather Game and Fish funds be spent on wildlife management and an equal opportunity for the recruitment of all youth.
The funding comes from lottery money that’s earmarked toward this. So I guess if you’d rather they build more buildings for the game and fish or buy more trucks (seemingly everyone’s gripe about fish cops and spending) then on sportsman recruitment that’s your deal, but it’s not your tax money doing it. I for one love to see them putting money toward new potential hunters. If they’re the wrong color skin for people on this forum then that’s on them and they maybe need to think long and hard about that for themselves.

I think the issue is it’s about equity not equality. Maybe I’m way or that’s just my opinion. Recruitment shouldn’t be based off of what racial or social box you check, especially in this instance. I don’t think anyone doesn’t want people of all creeds and colors to enjoy the outdoors. But the state is now putting it in an equatable way.

The last time I went to the bow range, I introduced myself to the other shooters as: Hello, my name is Landon and I am a heterosexual white male, my pronouns are He/Him. What are your preferences?

LOL, this is what ticks me off about that. I dont care what you are. I dont care if you are gay, straight, into pink unicorns, like kitty kats or if purple is your favorite color. But it seems like lately, on all TV shows and anything really, the LGBQRTS+ people have to let everyone know what they are. And in hunting, who cares. Be you, Ill be me, and we get on with it. I treat you the same as anyone else.

The funding comes from lottery money that’s earmarked toward this. So I guess if you’d rather they build more buildings for the game and fish or buy more trucks (seemingly everyone’s gripe about fish cops and spending) then on sportsman recruitment that’s your deal, but it’s not your tax money doing it. I for one love to see them putting money toward new potential hunters. If they’re the wrong color skin for people on this forum then that’s on them and they maybe need to think long and hard about that for themselves.

Sir, I spent my childhood watching kids of another "skin color" receive benefit after benefit after benefit that other kids of other "skin colors" did not receive and all at the hand of the federal tax dollar.

Do not lecture me about unfair advantage...

And, just so you know, those lottery dollars are better spent elsewhere rather than funding a hobby for one and not the other.

What does the color of your skin, your sexual preference, have to do with taking it upon YOURSELF to get involved in the outdoors? Why does it take funding,help etc etc? The opportunity has been there all along.

What does the color of your skin, your sexual preference, have to do with taking it upon YOURSELF to get involved in the outdoors? Why does it take funding,help etc etc? The opportunity has been there all along.
^^^ I grew up in a family that didn’t hunt. And when I came of age to where I was interested I found ways to do it. Thanks to a few people for taking me under their wing. But I had to get the wheels moving.

^^^ I grew up in a family that didn’t hunt. And when I came of age to where I was interested I found ways to do it. Thanks to a few people for taking me under their wing. But I had to get the wheels moving.
There are far fewer people to “take you under their wing” in certain demographics. I know nothing of golf because it wasn’t something that was popular in rural white America when I was raised. It was something rich people in cities did. I have no drive to golf, but if I had been exposed to it through a targeted push like this when I was a kid, I may have taken to it. Would have been good for the sport I guess to get more people interested. More golfers = more money spent on golf = more golf courses and so on. Same goes for hunting and fishing. I have no “poor me” feelings because I didn’t get exposure to golf like some of you seem to have about your upbringing. Just something I wasn’t exposed to. Had I been I may have been involved, hard to say.

The original post didn’t have anything to do with just people who don’t have access it’s about race and sexual orientation.

What makes you guys think that this is about identity politics? It’s supposed to be about outreach to underrepresented demographics. Prove to me it’s not.

Please explain to me what’s wrong with that?

Personally I hope it’s paid for 100% by non residents. I wish the cost was printed on the face of the document too like the S&R fee is. (y) I wish we could charge RR double :ROFLMAO:

What a bunch of cranks.

Did you read it?
Yes. I would say it’s aligned with the CPW mission, and par for the course. And it’s old news.

Like it or not, It’s not the DOW anymore. All that’s left to do is the crying.

Look on the bright side - maybe it’ll keep the NR’s away?

Viva la bikepaths!

There are far fewer people to “take you under their wing” in certain demographics. I know nothing of golf because it wasn’t something that was popular in rural white America when I was raised. It was something rich people in cities did. I have no drive to golf, but if I had been exposed to it through a targeted push like this when I was a kid, I may have taken to it. Would have been good for the sport I guess to get more people interested. More golfers = more money spent on golf = more golf courses and so on. Same goes for hunting and fishing. I have no “poor me” feelings because I didn’t get exposure to golf like some of you seem to have about your upbringing. Just something I wasn’t exposed to. Had I been I may have been involved, hard to say.

Please define "rural white America" so I can have a metric to determine if I qualify to call myself that as a disadvantaged youth.

As a reference, my "race" made up only about 15% of the entire student body when I was in High School...

What makes you guys think that this is about identity politics? It’s supposed to be about outreach to underrepresented demographics. Prove to me it’s not.

Please explain to me what’s wrong with that?

Personally I hope it’s paid for 100% by non residents. I wish the cost was printed on the face of the document too like the S&R fee is. (y) I wish we could charge RR double :ROFLMAO:

What a bunch of cranks.
The very definition of identity politics is basing policy on identity. Seems pretty cut and dried.

Prove to me it isn’t about identity politics. There’s tons of people of all races, sexual orientations, religious and otherwise different socioeconomic backgrounds that are in some way disadvantaged. Many of them are white heterosexuals. If it isn’t about identity why are they excluded ?

The very definition of identity politics is basing policy on identity. Seems pretty cut and dried.

Prove to me it isn’t about identity politics. There’s tons of people of all races, sexual orientations, religious and otherwise different socioeconomic backgrounds that are in some way disadvantaged. Many of them are white heterosexuals. If it isn’t about identity why are they excluded ?
I did a poor job of making my point, party because I’m in the odd position of defending the CPW.

The identity politics of this happened years ago when a decision was made to reach out to these constituencies. That’s when the earmarks happened. This equity nonsense has been discussed here before I believe. When we start having racial quotas for hunters safety classes let me know.

Theyre now in the grant award phase, and I haven seen anything that indicates that these grants were improperly awarded thru a politicized process, nor anything that says their award resulted in some other group losing their award to the gays and minorities. That’s what I meant that it looks to be consistent with policy.

I could be wrong, and I’m sure some here will point out that I am.

So besides giving crybabies like RR another chance to bang their spoon on their highchair, whats wrong with introducing these groups to the outdoors, even if it’s a bird or bug in a park?

Who is harmed?

Incidentally, these grants get discussed frequently in the CPW newsletters. I assume the info is on the website as well.

I did a poor job of making my point, party because I’m in the odd position of defending the CPW.

The identity politics of this happened years ago when a decision was made to reach out to these constituencies. That’s when the earmarks happened. This equity nonsense has been discussed here before I believe. When we start having racial quotas for hunters safety classes let me know.

Theyre now in the grant award phase, and I haven seen anything that indicates that these grants were improperly awarded thru a politicized process, nor anything that says their award resulted in some other group losing their award to the gays and minorities. That’s what I meant that it looks to be consistent with policy.

I could be wrong, and I’m sure some here will point out that I am.

So besides giving crybabies like RR another chance to bang their spoon on their highchair, whats wrong with introducing these groups to the outdoors, even if it’s a bird or bug in a park?

Who is harmed?

Incidentally, these grants get discussed frequently in the CPW newsletters. I assume the info is on the website as well.
Thanks for explaining your position.

I think it’s great that people of every background partake in the outdoors if they choose to.

I don’t really have a problem with outreach programs either but basing them on identity is a bad precedent in my opinion.

Either way I’m not really trying to debate it I just couldn’t understand your original post.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom