Finally happy

nfh

Long Time Member
Im fairly new to the muzzy game. But bought a CVA wolf for starters. Later i will purchase a higher model if i keep enjoying this. But i been struggling. I been shooting with the cheap konus scope that came with the package. Out to 100 yards i been great. Go to 150 yards and its embarrassing. Since i drew a non resident montana deer tag and want to muzzy hunt that was my excuse for a new scope
So got a vortex 4x12x44mm. Little big i thought for muzzy but the price was unbeatable. So after a piss poor bore sight my shooting to 100 yards was all in the orange circle. The picture is my 150 yard group. The lower orange hit was round one. The other 3 all grouped great. The konus would of have bee every where. Even tried some 200 yard shots and went great but 150 or less will be my.goal for a muley.

Shooting 130 grains of powder pellets. Havent tried 209 loose powder yet. Shooting 295 grain powerbelt. I will soon make the change to a better bullet after reading some reviews. I want to shoot up my remaining powerbelts before i change. This new hobby is very addictive.

I appreciate all the advice in the forum so far. Ecpecially frontiers advice and his links in the past. Been very helpful. Thank you

20200418_151058.jpg

20200418_150943.jpg

Someday. In these parts 209 doesnt exist. One gun store has the powder pellets. Have to drive 2 hours to get it. Gun stores wont order due to no demand. Or pay the hazmat fee to ship

once you go BH 209, you won't go back....the cleanability is the main hook, but the accuracy will get even better. Nice shooting - those CVAs can shoot! Have fun with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom