Finally! Mtn. Goat pic

predator

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-03 AT 11:37PM (MST)[p]I hope this works......

Here's a view from about 'halfway' up!

aaww,,, i was hopin you'd post a pic of your bum knee compaired to your good one. oh well. on a serious note, that is a way way nice goat, are you getting a full body mount or a rug out of it??? great pics, but looks like a rotten spot to have to hike around on a bad knee ....congrats. for toughin it out and gettin that hog. post some more pics if you got them..there great..........beardog

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-03 AT 01:04AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-03 AT 01:03?AM (MST)

Ask and ye shall receive...another view.

Yah, I've watched the video a zillion times...I definitely was having trouble in the rocks. But I sure am glad I went, and hey, I had the doctor's permission "If I were you, I wouldn't give that up". Just doin' what the doctor ordered!

I am doing a 3/4 body mount, walking around a rock down a ledge out of the corner of my living room.

Way to hang in there with the bum knee! Congrats on a beauty of a goat in some spectacular country. Very nice.

predator!

what a beautiful mt goat! awesome and glad u ingore the knee!! and will be beautiful half body mount! post it when u get it back from taxidermist!

congrats again!!

vinihunt

Predator,

Great goat and beautiful country. Glad you got to make the trip even with the bum knee. I'm afraid my chances for a hunt like that are long gone. Don't know if the old body would allow it.
Congrats.

Phantom Hunter

Predator,
Great looking goat! Congrats! Sounds like one Hell of a hunt on a bummed knee. It does take some grit just to get these vertical creatures with two good legs, let alone with one bummed knee. You've got to be proud of your accomplishment.

Great photos, good long hair. The next ?? when is the bone cutter going to fix your knee....LOL

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Hey the bum knee just provided the Pain to offset the Pleasure of the great goat.....its a MO-JO balance issue.....LOL...... I know you would have went up there in a wheelchair if necessary. congratulations.......... Allen Taylor......

Very nice. Glad to see success and a smiling face. Now if I ever draw Utah I know someone to call with advice of how to tell them apart and good one from a bad one.

Congratulations!

Thanks everyone! Killbuc, the cutter thinks we'll give it 3-4 months and see if it will heal up. The meniscus tear is still gettting blood supply, so hopefully it will scar up and stay down (although I can still get it caught under my kneecap every now and again , and boyohboy, does that hurt). The ACL is partially torn, we're doing some aggressive PT to see if it will tighten up or not.

BCBoy- You ain't kiddin;, but I think where your goats live is probably much much worse than what I did. I am proud, tho, I still can't believe I did it. Thank heaven for the triathlons I did this summer, or I would have been toast on the first day.

Pred-

Congrats on a nice billy. Looks like you took him on the 18th of Oct...my B-day! See, I'm your good luck charm!

Congrats again kiddo!

Scott G.

My dear huntress Predator-

I've been waiting to hear about your exhilarating adventures. But I have been trying to do a bit of hunting as well. I got my first black bear in AZ this fall...passed my shot on a coues buck because Bura and I were trying to get his son on his first deer, had a crappy hunt in Illinois. But I stil have a Mexico muley hunt in a few weeks, a Kansas pheasant hunt, archery javelina/deer in AZ...and possibly a kitty cat hunt in NM...just bought a new house too. I move in next week. I'm very happy for oyu and your successes. Lord knows you've been thru a lot with your knee and all. I can empathize with you there. I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your hunts and take care of that knee. I'm not going to do more surgery unless I can't walk anymore. I don't want to get into the habit of being cut on every few years. Take it easy my precious Predator...

Scott G....

PW, I still think you need that one last surgery that will straighten out all your problems, a LOBOTOMY...... Allen Taylor......

As I once heard PW say... "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotamy".....

God that is a beutiful Goat. I am just wondering where you Shot the goat and how did you haul it out of there. Sorry if the questions seems silly but I am new to hunting and learing! :D

"Are you a vegitarian, If not then Shut UP!" :D

Outdoors, the goat was taken in Montana, and we packed it out in frame packs. Well, ok, the guides packed it out-I carried my own sorry carcass out with some of the gear.....

Hey Predator!
Oh, a MOUNTAIN goat. I though you said a MILKING goat :) I wondered what all the hype was about.

Sorry for the ribbing. Heard the stories, now I've seen the pictures. Kari and I are very proud of you. That first picture is beautiful, and what country!

and now a note to everyone else drooling over the pictures: I live 3 minutes from the freezer where the MEAT is kept. Jealous? :) Predator is a lifelong friend and hunting companion. I just wish I had the time and money to be so dedicated.

So Predator, are we scouting for elk on Sunday?

Omigod, D, I love your handle!!! Maybe we should share the story behind it... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Looks like a go for Sunday, unless it's whiteout conditions...in which case we'll go and make believe we're Lewis and Clarkina...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom