Finally, unit 62 elk

12pointer

After 3 first elk rifle seasons and 1 2nd rifle deer season finally killed an animal with a high-powered rifle :7. Got there 9 days before the season and only saw 1 calf on brushy from long point, 1 cow on long point from brushy. Once the season started this is the only elk I saw or jumped. I guess you only need to see 1 right?

Was told the bow hunters had run most of them into the low country juniper-pinyon but I just can't bring myself yet to hunt that stuff.

Long range shot--55yards.
Long range gun--Rem model 700 classic 300 Savage.
Score--176&7/8, hey that's Boone and Crocket for whitetail :D.
Shot placement--back of the neck just below the skull.
Distance traveled about 30 inches---straight down.

665781030801.jpg

Great bull. Congrats, that part of 62 used to be my stomping grounds many years back. I've taken several elk in that area. You did good, congrats again.

No wonder you haven't posted any dead whitetails. Congrats on the bull!

#livelikezac

That's one more than I saw in a week around Long Point third season two years ago.

Good Job!

Hasbean

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-19 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]Here goes another "long range" hunting post! :D

Seriously, congrats on a nice DIY bull in what sounds like a tough area!

BTW, I wondered if 12point and 12pointer were different posters. But based on the pic, you're either one person, or twins!

Congrats again.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-19
>AT 05:43?PM (MST)

>
>Here goes another "long range" hunting
>post! :D
>
>Seriously, congrats on a nice DIY
>bull in what sounds like
>a tough area!
>
>BTW, I wondered if 12point and
>12pointer were different posters.
>But based on the pic,
>you're either one person, or
>twins!
>
>Congrats again.

Both the same, I couldn't remember my password so I just made a new one and user name. Lost all my posts, oh well.

We're expecting to see some monster Iowa whitetail pics from you now! I think my 3 points will draw me a Zone 4 tag next year!

And glad 12point and 12pointer are the same person. Wondered why someone would create a post name so similar to an existing one.

Congrats again!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom