Finally!

sremim

Very Active Member
I heard some inside information from a co-worker who's girlfriend's, sister's, boyfriend's, cousin's, daughter goes to school with someone who knows someone at G&F and were told the results will be available Friday at 11:38:28am!

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

I am going to start timing how long my phone takes to dial the number...so I can be sure and be the first one to get a busy signal...it's always busy!

Good luck everybody.

JB

I heard from a "secret" source it would be 39min and 29 seconds. This was pretty confidential!

My source said that the very first caller through will be awarded his/her first choice. A secret subroutine in the draw program....

Thursday or Friday at the latest...

With 10 deer bonus points as a resident I got a crack at one of those 44 tags rifle deer tags that are not issued under the 20% pass rule in Unit 13B.

Less than 60 residents have max deer points, about 150 with one less, then there is me..

Got to believe!

Don Martin
AWO

Don, I got a great 208 Buck on the 6th day of the hunt. Between three days before the hunt and 6 days of the hunt that was only the 6th Buck I saw. Sure is an awesome area with the chance at a giant.

Yep, that's usually how it happens up there.

Generally don't see a lot of deer (bucks) up there but you always have the chance of seeing a boomer when you do see one.

I've been on a buck for two years now that I hope to have a third encounter this year with that buck.

Almost got him killed last year, my guy was 275 yards from him, but couldn't see him. I was on a hill watching as the buck and his girls slipped away.

If I get a tag this year, or get a hunter, I'm just gonna go to the area, set up camp and hunt him: win, loose, tie or draw.

Don

Don, I know what you mean. I had a Buck scouted that I thought would score 230. I spent the first scouting days and 5 days of the hunt looking for him with no luck. Don't get me wrong , I am very happy with the Deer I got but I keep running thru my mind that I should have stuck after the giant.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-09 AT 04:34PM (MST)[p]You did the right thing, are you kidding me? Pass on a 208 inch buck!

Not going to happen, not now, not never...

The buck I'm after is in a little hidey hole and doesn't show up unless the rut is starting.

I looked for him last August during the archery hunt and he wasn't there..

Went back on the rifle hunt and there he was! My hunter saw him the first day we went to the area, but he couldn't get in close enough to make the shot.

We sat on the hill until dark and the buck never showed up with the girls he had been with that morning.

Next day, he and the girls were a no show, but the following day I spotted him and the girls (and a 28 inch 2 X 2!). My guy went after him, but the buck got away without a shot being fired.

I had seen another buck way off in the distance that morning and my guy decided to go look at him while I checked a nearby water.

Long story short, he jumped that buck, thought he was a boomer and shot him.

Turned out to be a NOT SO GREAT 4 X 4 buck that had a tall rack but short points, but the deed was done and we had to leave.

That big guy will still be there this year IF the lions don't get him.

We saw just one other hunter in the area, so I don't think others know about this buck.

Anyway I don't care if I have the tag or my hunter has the tag, it has gotten personal with this buck, and I want to do a "grip and grin" photo shoot with him this year!

Don Martin

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-09 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]Great story Don. Good luck on the draw. If you need any extra eyes up there let me know.

Exactly, practicing to hear, congratulations, you were succesful for bighorn sheep, hunt # 6030. Well at least dreaming

I called and asked the same thing last year. They said it will be later the next week. They posted less than 2 days later.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

Travis, did you guys catch that big storm? From the house it looked like it went right down the highway towards you guys.

What are max points for res? If I dont draw this year its all im puttin in for from now on is the strip. I cant believe I cannot draw a nov whitetail tag in 32 or 31. So I have 6 points now I checked and thought it was 5 but it is 6, what is max, 11 for residents?

Looks like next week some time. I thought today would be the day for sure, but I just called and heard "Draw results are not available" again. My first clue is they answer without a ring... oh for a busy signal.

Oh well, my original prediction was for next Friday.

Dont you hate when you call and you get that busy signal and you get all excited that yes... The results are in and you call back and you get right through to only find out that the draw results are unavailable at this time...

JOhn

They are sitting back laughing at us....Maybe drinking a beer in a bit. Payback for any negative comments directed at them made here:)

Boy-O-Boy---Isn't it funny that we all sit around this dadgum PUTER and watch like kids at Christmas Eve? We are all waiting for the G & F Santa deliver our tags or give us a big chunk of poop.

Honestly, I could care less when they mail the refund(s) back. I know earning interest on applicants money is big, but just tell us if we are drawn or not, then mail the money back when you have met your quota. Or, move the application and draw dead line up.

Fortunatley, I have a lot of experience with the units (hunts) I apply for, but take someone who is only looking for an archery tag north of the ditch and they get less than a month to scout, get time off work arranged, etc.

There has to be something we can do to know sooner.

Just my opinion...

JB

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom