Fine Green Fiber optic sight for muzzle loader for a 50 cal. White

huntin50

Very Active Member
Well,
I filed down my front sight to a triangle, was going to shoot 6 o clock to improve accuracy. My 60 year old eyes can't see it at 40 yards with 15 minutes of legal shooting light. Suggestions on a green fine fiber optic sight that would work on my white muzzle loader. Thanks a lot.
Greg

LMMFAO!

The Front Sight on My HAWKENS is Filed Down To a Hair!

I Used To Be Able To See That Hair!:D

Well,
I filed down my front sight to a triangle, was going to shoot 6 o clock to improve accuracy. My 60 year old eyes can't see it at 40 yards with 15 minutes of legal shooting light. Suggestions on a green fine fiber optic sight that would work on my white muzzle loader. Thanks a lot.
Greg

Not sure where to get a sight. However I would try a couple of things with your current set up. Get bright white nail polish and apply to the rear of your current triangle sight. Then go on Amazon and order progressive reader glasses, no line. Mine start at one power at the top and go to two power at the bottom. $15-25. One power makes the target slightly fuzzy, but makes my sight clear. I use the glasses for every Open sight rifle. Even those with fiber optics

I have a few different 50 cal. White Whitetails, and set up each a little different, depending on use. Open sight for antelope is the fine brass bead on the front, and regular rear. Black timber elk I use a red fiber optic on front, and two green fiber optic on rear. Scopes are either low power (4X Leupold), or 7X Redfield for full power seasons. Use easily removable Burris Zee-Rings, on Weaver bases

I had another thought. I would call Brownells and ask them. They have some pretty good gun gurus there that usually know what will fit which rifle.

Man, we have a White's we won and have never shot it. Still surprised how many times they come up on forums.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom