Fire close call!

Castnshoot

Very Active Member
I hope Campfire is the proper place for this post?

I saw the lighting strike from my tractor last Saturday. Wind was ripping and it blew up almost instantly.

Last edited:
Next morning everything is back to normal (thank God),,, except where I usually only have 2 or 3 hummingbird at the feeder I now have 15 or 20. Plus if you listen you can hear the coyote pack that lives close to the house trying to sort out some trespassers pushed into their territory.

Thanks Elk, one thing I got to say is the fire fighting system in place is awesome.

Within an hour of when I called 911 there was 6 helicopters, 3 airplanes and I don’t know how many firefighters, plus a gigantic 4 engine belly drop jet.

The local guys were really top notch.

You're Lucky Cast!

Most FireFighters & Equipment are Stretched Mighty Thin Right Now!

Glad everybody & Everything is OK!

Next morning everything is back to normal (thank God),,, except where I usually only have 2 or 3 hummingbird at the feeder I now have 15 or 20. Plus if you listen you can hear the coyote pack that lives close to the house trying to sort out some trespassers pushed into their territory.

Now I get the CastnShoot name i see the lake in the background beautiful place God's country Glad you and the family are alright that was very close

Way too close. I start dragging the hoses when I see smoke on the horizon. Lol

I agree that the firefighters are very good about protecting structures and property. It's remarkable what they are able to save in the middle of an inferno. (y)

If you have adequate clearance around your structures, of flammable vegitation you have nothing to worry about when the flame front comes directly at you.

No doubt that helps, and I do keep it back quite a ways from all my structures, but when it is super dry and the wind is blowing hard some times there is just no stopping it.

Belive me people who live with these conditions an have any sense worry about it.

There is always a trade off for everything.

If you have adequate clearance around your structures, of flammable vegitation you have nothing to worry about when the flame front comes directly at you.
Airborne embers are carried a long ways and fast. I watched them spark a new fire 1/4 mile away from the fire line. I thin the veg around my places, but if it's a big hot fire you need firefighters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom