Fire In the Hole ! ! !

tailchasers

Long Time Member
How much explosives does it take to launch an anvil a couple 100 feet vertically in the air?

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Somewere there is a website where some old dudes are arguing about the best load to use and whether powerbelt anvils are any good. :)

Seriously though, these guys drove the price of anvils thru the roof. Go try and buy one from your local junkyard.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Go visit Heber, AZ for the 4th of July. They do this very thing about 50 times over the 4th of July weekend. It is impressive to see in person. It is a tradition they have done for many many years and one my late grandfather absolutely loved. At his graveside the day of his funeral we launched one last anvil up in his honor in an empty cemetery field. I'm not sure what kind of powder is used or how much it takes, but no matter how many times you see it, it never gets old.

I would guess about one pound of black powder. If you really want to see it fly high, use a block of C-4 if you can steal some from the military.

RELH

Better restrict this shiz so it can't be viewed in calif. it's probably ten kinds of felony charges just to think of it.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Better restrict this shiz so it
>can't be viewed in calif.
> it's probably ten kinds
>of felony charges just to
>think of it.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

You can own an anvil if it's permanently anchored down and registered.

After the initial inspection it's a annual fee and that fee increases every year as the state needs money. When it was first enacted it was $5/year. It's up to $117/year now. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom