Fire season has started.

coloradoman

Very Active Member
On the Bookcliffs north of Grand Junction. Hardly any smoke an hour and a half ago. Lightning started.

4247363B-A062-440E-BB66-74062426BE3E.jpeg

Hopefully some of this moisture will push up your way. Been thundering and raining all night off and on - very unusual for this time of year down here. Monday the high is supposed to be 65 and the low 35. :oops: Thats down here in the desert. I might get snow at the cabin.

Hopefully some of this moisture will push up your way. Been thundering and raining all night off and on - very unusual for this time of year down here. Monday the high is supposed to be 65 and the low 35. :oops: Thats down here in the desert. I might get snow at the cabin.
Yep, it’s unusual to see a cloud this time of year, we had light rain in Palisade and I’m hoping for more. Idiot neighbor was burning trash next to dead cheatgrass and burned his fence and 5 acres two nights ago. It was lucky that it was calm.

Not that I would ever admit to having a trash fire get away from me :censored:, but who hasn't had that happen? But isn't there a fire ban Up there? No fires down here. I'm not sure its because of the dry or the covid smoke? Seems I heard that somewhere.....

The last neighborhood fire we had was when the crazy neighbors decided to boil Easter eggs over a campfire on a red-flag day. :oops: Burned up about 10 acres of cedars and I got to watch it all from the porch. Fire is one of the things that scares me. We made it too easy.

My son and his HotShot crew just left the Blue Creek fire, and relocated to the Sieber fire. Gonna keep them hopping this summer with all the growth.

Where exactly are these fires located? I’ll be hunting Unit 31/32 this fall. It is early so I think we can expect quite a few more fires this summer.

Hawkeye

These are around Grand Junction. There are a couple dozen fires going right now in Central and Western Colorado.

Blue Hair, I was always wondering what kind of a-hole let’s a fire get away from himself. This spring I was cleaning up around the ditch banks and decided to do a little burning, within about 2 minutes that fire jumped the bank and I had a heck of a mess, with an out of control fire. I was yelling at the girls to bring hoses, my heart was racing about 200 beats a minute. I did finally get it out.l agree with you, fires scare me

Blue Hair, I was always wondering what kind of a-hole let’s a fire get away from himself. This spring I was cleaning up around the ditch banks and decided to do a little burning, within about 2 minutes that fire jumped the bank and I had a heck of a mess, with an out of control fire. I was yelling at the girls to bring hoses, my heart was racing about 200 beats a minute. I did finally get it out.l agree with you, fires scare me
Here's one from a few years back. These are from my deck, a little more than a mile away. You could HEAR it. These three pictures represent about 3-4 hours.
PIC00114.JPG
PIC00121.JPG
PIC00132.JPG

The bombers came right over the house at a few hundred feet. :cool: I think I drank a 30 pack that day dragging hoses. LOL

My son is an airplane mechanic for Aeroflite. He went to Fairbanks Alaska yesterday. His assigned aircraft are on the Isom Creek fire which is next to the haul road going to Prudhoe.
I bet he will be busy all summer, somewhere in the west!

sjhgraysage....AK started to fly the CL-415's first thing this morning too. I think it's safe to say he will be in AK for at least the next month.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom