First 2002 hunt over

C

crazyaboutcoues

Well boys, my first 2002 hunt is in the history books. I saw over a dozen shooter bulls. Called in seven 300"+ to within 60-80 yards, but couldn't get the right angle. I was hunting by myself and it was hard to get them in the last 30 yards without them winding me or something else happening. I told my hunting buddy (whose wife is due to have a baby, and couldn't go with me) that he missed out on excellent opportunities to bag a 350 bull. We'll try again next year! :)

yes hope next year..since ur buddy will be with u hope so if not plan to have another baby lol..

now what is ur next hunt?

vinihunt

Sounds like the hunt was good, even if you didn't fill a tag.

What hunt did you have?
Where's your next hunt?

My hunt was the second either sex elk hunt in NM 15a 16-24. Had a blast, my next hunt is Nov. 4-6 deer hunt for my son. Sniper will also have his boys there for some coues action. After that it's off to Kansas for a whitetail hunt in Dec. and then back to NM for the archery coues hunt in Jan.

The plate is definetly full

Later

Wow

Sounds like a great season in the making..........

I go to AZ this week to scout some new ares in unit 32, have the hunt in Nov. Wish I could scout later, but no time. Going to Colorado for muleys and Elk in Oct.

Good luck with your son's hunt and Kansas....keep us posted on how you do.

With that cross bow you shoot somewhere around 150lbs, you shouldnt have had to worry about the angle.......Lol......I bet it was hard trying to do it alone. Next time if your buddy cant go, maybe Sniper, me or Vini can get up there and at least cow call and range for you.....Allen

Scott- good luck up there, be careful. Can you give me the ridge or a flat where you will be camping?

Allen- That would have been great to have someone do the cow calling. maybe next time.

Good luck on your hunts in AZ and CO Macho

later

Crazy: Just dont bring a whitetail home smaller than the one I will shoot in Nov...... remember, you need one alot bigger than 100 points, they are not Coues where you are going.LOL..........I havent heard back from Duwane or Richard, so I dont know how they fared up for Elk, maybe today I will hear and let you guys know if my computer at work is fixed.............Allen

Yeah it's going to be weird seeing a whitetail come in with a possible 150" head gear. I talked to the guy who is going to be helping us up there. He said there are some monster whitetails in the area that we will be hunting. What i'll do if I take a 150"er i'll mount it on a coues deer cape and tell the guys that I took him in SWNM. he he

later

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom