First 2013 hunt ends succesfully

rmanwill

Long Time Member
The first hunt of 2013 was my sons limited entry turkey hunt. It ended this morning with one bang and a 8 3/4 inch beard.

Yesterday was the opened and was very windy and over cast. Had a few dozen hens and a half dozen jakes in range, but no good tom.

This morning was totally different, both weather and turkey wise. At about 7:15 this morning we had a dozen hens and several jakes show up at the blind. After a few minutes here comes Mr. Tom all proud and struting the whole way.

We watched and let him come in and my son put the hammer down on him.

Great first hunt of the year and with one of my sons on top of it. Now all my sons have a turkey under their belt. Boy, i'm releaved and now the pressure is of the old man!!!

2554565.jpg

8938562.jpg

Nice Job!

Wondering which Region you were Hunting?

Now the Boys are gonna out Hunt the Ole Man!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-13 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]Elkassassin, it was the central region. I hope they all stay excited about hunting and out hunt and top me and my success!!!

Well that turned out great. Is that one of the twins? Make sure you don't use all of your luck up on stinky birds that don't have a timer in them so you know when they are done cooking.

Rich

Yep, one of the twins. Hopefully this is just a start to the 2013 success for both drawing tags and hunting success!!! The bird was cooked for dinner the same night.

Well done guys! I'm proud of the young man!

I've hunted turkeys just enough to have respect for anyone who gets the job done.

I'm still out sluggin' away with a tag in hand and birds in the bush. Came close on a couple last night but I just needed that last 15 yards to close the deal!

Zeke

Congrats to your son. I was pretty dissapointed when I didn't draw a turkey tag this year with 3 points. Seriously Turkey tags will require as many points as elk or deer soon.

LOL, I wish 3 or 4 points got me a serious elk or deer tag.
Oh well, there's always State wide OTC tags.

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom