First 2021 Milestone...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
With my medical issues getting worse, my goals this year have been hanging in there long enough to reach two milestones -- our wedding anniversay & my 80th birthday in Nov. Today I got through to the first one.

So this morning I sent an email to the Vatican to advise the Pope that my beautiful wife Ellen is now ready for beatification -- the last step before she officially reaches sainthood.

The reason I gave was quite simple: she has been able to live in the same house with me for a very long time because at about 10:00 a.m. this morning, Oct. 15, we will have reached 60 years of wedded bliss. She might likely say only about five have been blissful, though, while the rest have been just so-so. :ROFLMAO:

Actually, the main reason she has put up with me and why we've been together this long is the booklet below, which I purchased during the first year of our relationship.

trainwife.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations OW! Big milestone for you both! I always appreciate your posts so plan to stick around to that big “80” and beyond!

Man, as much as I wanna congratulate you, and I do (Congratulations!) I am sad that you are in a tough medical situation.

Glad you made 60 years--hope you make 81 too and that it's a good 81, much less 80. ;-)

Wow that is awesome. Got friends who say I been married for 30 years and tell them BUT it with 3 different women so it don't count.
Hit 43 this July.

Thanks everyone.

We celebrated a bit last night. It had been a while since I had eaten a Big Mac, so instead of cooking dinner we ate in from McDonald's. The fries are still like fried cardboard. :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations on the wife and a great life. The parties not near over, anyone can tell by your writings and your pictures that your sharper,smarter and funnier than you have ever been.
Other than my dinner pics, most of my photos are ancient history. As for being sharper & smater, I think my 'disk' is too full. Seems everytime I try to access a 'file,' it takes me longer & longer to locate it. Sometimes I go into the bathroom & forget why I was there. Luckily, I haven't wet my pants yet. :ROFLMAO:

Other than my dinner pics, most of my photos are ancient history. As for being sharper & smater, I think my 'disk' is too full. Seems everytime I try to access a 'file,' it takes me longer & longer to locate it. Sometimes I go into the bathroom & forget why I was there. Luckily, I haven't wet my pants yet. :ROFLMAO:
I’m 40 and do the same thing plus cannot make the same claim as your latter remark. So count your blessings!…. Lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom