First Buck

bonepicker

Very Active Member
My middle son (Luke, 12 years old) and I just got back from his hunt in the Steens unit. We hunted hard for 6 days solid and finally got to put the sneak on a buck on the last day we could hunt. He made a great shot and was ecstatic with the result :) With all the big boy concerns we have on our minds about deer populations declining, poaching, the future of hunting, what will people think of my buck (or lack of buck), what will this or that buck score, etc., it has been very refreshing to be a part of the hunts with my older son a few years ago and my middle son now to bring me back to what hunting is all about.

73103dsc03102.jpg

There's no buck, bull, cougar, shed antler, antelope, etc. I could harvest that would bring me as much joy as hunting with my boys. And its just a bonus being able to watch them get their first bucks. Good job Luke!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-19 AT 10:09PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-19 AT 10:08?PM (MST)

Tell Luke congrats on a great Oregon Buck. Your right I really don't like the direction of hunting today in many ways. To much importance placed on horns. Bring back family and fun. Glad you guys had a great time.

love to see kids n their bucks; big or small but its a free country ur free to kill young bucks just like im free to look for the monster that lurk in the darkwoods...

24279bradleybuk.jpg

Great buck Luke!

Thanks for passing the meaning of the hunt on to a new generation bonepicker!

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

Happy youngster right there! Congratulations to Luke on scoring on a nice buck and good for you both on creating a fantastic memory.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Congratulations to your son's, Don't let the negative people get you down. The best times in my life was taking both my boys hunting and fishing. Love the pics. thanks for sharing.

Congrats to you and your son! Fantastic job!
it is so special when you get a chance to hunt with your kids. Those years go by soooo
fast.

Bonepicker - I'm curious what your impressions were of the hunt and the Steens unit on the whole. I'm sitting on 19 NR points and pretty much decided that is where I will hunt, when and if I make this a priority. I've been hopeful that Oregon's mule deer initiative, which included the Steens unit, would drastically improve things....but from what I can gather that hasn't happened. I also have 19 antelope points that I was going to burn on the same unit.

Congratulations!! That's a happy guy right there with a great looking buck to boot! Great job youngin! ?

Back
Top Bottom