First ML, Knight Extreme Disc

Q

Q2Dude

I'm buying my first ML next week ( my X-mas present to myself). A Knight Extreme Disc in .50 cal. This should be a good setup, right? I'm addicted to close hunting and this will mean more opportunities to hunt as most of my hunts are archery right now. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions from you guys? Thanks in advance.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-02 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p] Congratz! on the M.L.
That is the same thing I shoot. What A nice gun.
My load is 100gr. T-7 2f and 295gr. powerbuilt bullet. It makes one nice big hole at 100 yards.(three shot groop)
and I run A spit patch between shots.
Good Luck!
centerfire.

My advice would be to read as much as you can about the care of muzzleloaders. They do require extra maintenance compared to a centerfire rifle. Keeping them clean is extremely important. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations closely and avoid getting oil inside the barrel. Use only cleaning and lubricating products designed for muzzleloaders.

Other than that, experiment with different amounts of powder and kinds of bullets until you find the one your rifle shoots well.

Most of all, have fun.

I own a knight disc and I love it. I shoot a 300 gr barnes mz with 2 pyrodex pellets and can get 1 inch grops at 100 yards. I took my first buck with it last year. Awesome gun, however i'm not sure why they went to the knew red disc. Ive been told I can convert mine to the knew red disc, but it will cost me $100 bucks to do it.

Good luck and happy hunting
Cabinfever

Well, I got it delivered last Thursday. Went out shooting on Saturday. Worked up to 100 grns. of T7 shooting a Power Belt 295 grn HP. Adjusted sights and ended up with about a 1 3/4 group at 100 yds. I was pretty pleased with that!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom