First Picture post

BeanMan

Long Time Member
This is my first attempt to post my own pictures using the new MM phot upload option. It's not a hunting picture, i was just trying to figure it out.

It is the brick and steel pig roaster I built at the house.

41b1529672872331.jpg

BeanMan

Nice roaster Beanman, I'll bet you can cook up some tasty fare in that rig. The view of the country seems to be pretty nice as well. Happy eating!

BeanMan
Nice back yard!
looks like you figggered it out so start posting some pixs.
CANNON
fire.gif

Fred,
Nice looking pig roaster there. How big or what is the biggest Pig you have roasted in there? My friend is always BBQ a pig when they get a good young sow each year, they usually do it with a 50-65 pounder. Wild Pig that roam around out here and tear up grape vineyards. They also have them on their hunting property land.

Brian

Brian,

I've cooked four pigs in that roaster, the biggest was 220 pounds dressed. It's an annual party my Wife and I put on.

The roaster is 6' by 5' outside, a concrete footer with 2 feet tall fire brick cased with angle iron. The lid is rolled 12 guage steel with two half moons on the side I welded to it. The lid got so heavy I had to put a pole behind it with a pulley and a boat winch to lift it. It roasted the big pig in 8 hours time using apple wood.

Summer solstice, pig, beer you're invited.

BeanMan

Gee Fred, that is one big pig BBQ. I take it you use domestic swine for the roasting, right? Too bad you don't have these wild pigs like we do out here, they are a real pain in the rear for a lot of farmers/ranchers etc.

Thanks for the invite, sounds like fun.

Brian

Dang, just the sound of roast pig makes me hungry! Looks like you do live in some fine country as well.

Micahel

Nice roaster Beanman! When you get tired of monkeying around with that boat pulley, just rig up a counter-weight to the back of the lid assembly. it will open and close with one finger if you get it set up right. I'm sure that you can figure something out judging by how well the rest of the roaster looks.

Sampson,

Thanks for the tip about a counter weight, sounds like it will be worth trying out, When it warms up.

Brian, yeah they are domestic hogs, we don't have feral ones here. As a farmer I'm glad we don't, as a hunter I wish we did.

Fred

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom