First time antelope hunter unit 93

pauns08

I been researching a bit over the years on the units in southwest Wyoming just because they are closest to me and settled on 93 and pulled a tag this year with my 5 pp. Never having antelope hunted before and never set foot in this unit how does a guy approach it? Pick the first dirt road he sees and start driving and glassing? Also is one particular area better than another in unit 93? Thank you for anyone that might be willing to help answer these couple questions.

Pick the first dirt road he sees and start driving and glassing?
That is how I would do it. If you can scout early then plan on traveling and glassing. Find a few bucks you like and then come back and hunt them. If you dont have time to scout then I would do the same on the first couple of days of my hunt. Look over all the country. You will find bucks scattered all over that unit, including in and around the NF boundary. Its a really nice unit to hunt with great camping spots in the NF. Labarge Cr is a fun creek to fish as well. You will have a great hunt and dont overthink it. Travel, glass, find a buck that trips your trigger and put on a stalk. Lots of two tracks in the lower country but you can still find the occasional ridgeline that will allow for a short walk to overlooked country. You will be surprised what you find just over the hill a few hundred yard off the track. Good luck.

That is how I would do it. If you can scout early then plan on traveling and glassing. Find a few bucks you like and then come back and hunt them. If you dont have time to scout then I would do the same on the first couple of days of my hunt. Look over all the country. You will find bucks scattered all over that unit, including in and around the NF boundary. Its a really nice unit to hunt with great camping spots in the NF. Labarge Cr is a fun creek to fish as well. You will have a great hunt and dont overthink it. Travel, glass, find a buck that trips your trigger and put on a stalk. Lots of two tracks in the lower country but you can still find the occasional ridgeline that will allow for a short walk to overlooked country. You will be surprised what you find just over the hill a few hundred yard off the track. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it, one more question I have a side by side but didn't know if I should bring it or if I'll be fine just driving the truck around on all the roads?

Drew a doe tag for the unit two years ago to scout for a possible buck draw tag down the road. It is a fun unit. Plenty of animals. I did not see any goat over 75” but I’m sure with more time that would have changed. I hunted the southeast part of the unit. It was a fun hunt to take the kids on. Buy a small game license if you want to add to your fun. Plenty of opportunities around that unit. I am chasing a different unit now but winter kill scared me off for now.

I love unit 93. Ive hunted it a few time since my first in 2010. lots of area to cover. Every area has good bucks. Should be a good year with a good wet summer. You can cover a lot more ground quickly with a side by side but a truck will do. Check out my story I posted years ago. If you have specific question just shoot me a message.

Pick the first dirt road he sees and start driving and glassing?

Yep. That pretty much covers it! Be aware, if the goats are within a few hundred yards of the road, they will scatter, They know what a stopped truck means! But that's ok. They might run a mile but you'll probably still be able to see them. Glass and formulate a plan!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom