First time Coues hunter and I'm Hooked!

Outdoordan

Very Active Member
I always listened to friends and forum members talk about how great a time Coues are, and was like, "yeah maybe, but not as cool as Muleys". I got to try it with both myself, and my daughter, and I am sold! These little deer are FUN!
First: The weather was perfect, 70's during the day.
Second: I Love to glass and these little deer are made for glassing! They move throughout the day if you stay in your glass!
Third: Plenty of critters! Javelina and plenty of deer, although you will see 20 does before seeing a buck.
Lastly: We turned this into a family vacation, so I could justify it. My family sat by the pool while I hunted. Perfect!
BTW - My daughter shot hers last day, last hour of our hunt. Saw him and thought he was heading for water. She shot him right above the water hole

20201126_122638.jpg

I sat on a ridge for 6 hours before ever seeing this buck. Spent another 45 minutes trying to get to a ridge to shoot. He was already tending a doe. Packout was 3 hours and brutal as I had lots of optics and camera equipment. Packed quarters and the cape and head in one shot.

20201128_140300.jpg

20201128_171553 (1).jpg

Thanks guys! Lot's of fun for sure. I don't think those are the needles as we are quite a ways from there but not sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom