First time

Bambam

Hey all I drew out for an archery tag in Nevada for deer. This will be my first time hunting Nevada. Just looking for some info on what to expect as far as weather and what to pack for clothing? I also have heard in a lot of the units the deer can be down way low and all the way to the top. Would it be best to start high and work my way down? Any advice would be great. Thank you

It's 100 during the day, cools off to mid 60s you be the judge. As for the deer some are up high, some are down low. Hunt where you find them

Muzzy season last year we got rained on often so you never know what to expect

There is no substitute for time on the ground learning your area before the season begins. The key is to get away from other people. Deer will go either high or low, whatever it takes to find a secluded spot. And the bucks will typically find rocky hillsides where they may rely on their vision to avoid predators and enjoy a good breeze, while the does will often hide with fawns in dense cover. My point is, if you are seeing lots of does you will probably not find many bucks.

Depending on where you are hunting, finding water may be another good option. If there isn't much water around watch the draws and ridges going to the water source. Good luck

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom