First Timer - Coues Unit 32

jebuwh

It looks like my group has drawn Unit 32 for the early December hunt down in AZ. Super pumped, first time going to AZ for hunting purposes.

I have read every scrap of forum post, articles, videos anything I can get my hands on about Coues and 32.

Does anyone here have any personal experience in 32? Specifically the wilderness areas? I would love to bounce some ideas off you and pick your brain. Thanks in advance for any help, this forum has always been awesome.

Access is a problem in unit 32. Shoot me a PM and I'll try and give you some info and answer your questions.

>Access is a problem in unit
>32. Shoot me a
>PM and I'll try and
>give you some info and
>answer your questions.

Sent PM! Thank you!

I drew this tag in 2016. Fantastic hunt. It rained the entire week before the hunt so the deer were very dispersed. Don't waste your time during the first part of the hunt. Hunt after Christmas. They will be getting closer to rutting and moving during the day. Get ready for warmish days and freezing nights. Lastly, the wind blows all the time down there. If you want specifics on the area to hunt, DM me. My family lives down there and has taken 3 buck over 95 inches. I know off about 5 others well into the hundreds as well.

KEY TO THIS HUNT. Glass, glass, glass. These bucks don't come easy. Next to elk, these are my favorite species to hunt. I have hunted them during the OTC archery for years until I could draw this dag as well and missed several 100 in bucks. I would recommend at least 12 power binos and 15s are even better. Then you need a spotting scope once you find them. The thing about coues deer is if the look weak on any point, they are. If you are just looking for a 100 buck, there are in there and December is the best time to hunt them. You should have a blast.

I recorded my entire hunt. Happy to send pics.

I drew this tag in 2016. Fantastic hunt. It rained the entire week before the hunt so the deer were very dispersed. Don't waste your time during the first part of the hunt. Hunt after Christmas. They will be getting closer to rutting and moving during the day. Get ready for warmish days and freezing nights. Lastly, the wind blows all the time down there. If you want specifics on the area to hunt, DM me. My family lives down there and has taken 3 buck over 95 inches. I know off about 5 others well into the hundreds as well.

KEY TO THIS HUNT. Glass, glass, glass. These bucks don't come easy. Next to elk, these are my favorite species to hunt. I have hunted them during the OTC archery for years until I could draw this dag as well and missed several 100 in bucks. I would recommend at least 12 power binos and 15s are even better. Then you need a spotting scope once you find them. The thing about coues deer is if the look weak on any point, they are. If you are just looking for a 100 buck, there are in there and December is the best time to hunt them. You should have a blast.

I recorded my entire hunt. Happy to send pics.
Howdy! I drew this tag for the first 10 days of December. I’d love to touch base about your experience and see some photos!

That sounds like a great tag..Good Luck.

You should get some good info from this thread....

That sounds like a great tag..Good Luck.

You should get some good info from this thread....
I am excited! This thread and quite a few others have been helpful. It is interesting to see some of the forums have conversations back to the early 2000's discussing access issues. Interesting its still a conversation related to this unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom