First timer

jross17529

Good afternoon everyone. I am going to start by telling everyone that I am new to the forum and elk hunting in general. I have been drooling over an Elk archery hunt during or around the rut. This year I learned that Idaho offers tags to disabled veterans at an excellent price so myself and 2 of my ranger buddies purchased an Elk A tag for Beaverhead management area. Since purchasing the tag I have been scouring the internet for information on how to be successful and safe during a western hunt. If anyone has any general tips for success or information regarding the hunt and area I have selected it is greatly appreciated. I still have 9 months of learning to do, but when it comes time to set foot on Idaho soil I fully intend to be very well informed and hopefully lucky enough to put a bull on the ground. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Wish I could help with info, but unfamiliar with that area. Hopefully someone will chime in. My son is a Marine and loves to hunt , but unfortunately he's overseas right now so no hunting for him. Good luck
Howard

Give the Idaho fish and game headquarters in Boise a call and get the biologist phone number for that area.and he or she should be able to give you a good starting point. Thank You for your service

I second the call the biologist call. Every year we run into at least a couple of NR who somehow find their way into the obscure canyons we hunt. They universally state the biologist told them where to go. I want to meet this biologist guy someday...seems like a great guy.

Not sure where your from or what your physical circumstances are, but #1 thing above all else is getting in the best shape you possibly can. That will help you way more than the "how" or the "where."

>Good afternoon everyone. I am going
>to start by telling everyone
>that I am new to
>the forum and elk hunting
>in general. I have been
>drooling over an Elk archery
>hunt during or around the
>rut. This year I learned
>that Idaho offers tags to
>disabled veterans at an excellent
>price so myself and 2
>of my ranger buddies purchased
>an Elk A tag for
>Beaverhead management area. Since purchasing
>the tag I have been
>scouring the internet for information
>on how to be successful
>and safe during a western
>hunt. If anyone has any
>general tips for success or
>information regarding the hunt and
>area I have selected it
>is greatly appreciated. I still
>have 9 months of learning
>to do, but when it
>comes time to set foot
>on Idaho soil I fully
>intend to be very well
>informed and hopefully lucky enough
>to put a bull on
>the ground. Thank you in
>advance for any information you
>can provide.

This is how a new guy should introduce themselves, and ask for assistance.
I wish I had some info on the unit but I don't. Good luck on your hunt. Let us know how you do.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom