First Timer

Let the hunters scatter like quail before you head out after the orientation. Most of those guys will pull over to glass the first oryx they see, with multiple hunters glassing the same one(s). That will just make them nervous.

So, after the shotgun start, cruise south until you see the fewest people pulled over, start looking there. You can also go east as it takes the majority of people a bit to eventually migrate over there as well.

The ones you will compete with the most are the return "experts" that one or two hunts under their belt.

Is it BH or OIL?

Thank you for the feedback...it's the OIL hunt in January and I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks again roadrunner!

Work the small, rolling hills, you find them in the depressions until they are pushed everywhere, then they herd in the long flats where they can see far.

Thank you Swanson! I've completed the G & F ATV course; I would think it's not a bad idea to take an ATV in...for retrieval purposes?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom