First world problems

Goosefever

A brief history..... my wife's a dog breeder and the long standing agreement we have is anytime she gets a new dog I get a "favor" of the adult variety, and a new gun. She just got a new stud. Here's where the first world problem comes in. I have no idea what gun to get. I have everything I "need." Now it's what I want. Currently in the safe:
Glock 19, Weatherby vanguard 300 win,
Bergara 300prc, 10/22, buck mark, 12 GA, 20 GA, 410, Tikka 7mm-08, ruger sr1911, rock river 1911 in 10mm and a Henry lever action .22. I've got the bases covered. What would you add?

A brief history..... my wife's a dog breeder and the long standing agreement we have is anytime she gets a new dog I get a "favor" of the adult variety, and a new gun. She just got a new stud. Here's where the first world problem comes in. I have no idea what gun to get. I have everything I "need." Now it's what I want. Currently in the safe:
Bergara 300prc, 10/22, buck mark, 12 GA, 20 GA, 410, Tikka 7mm-08, ruger sr1911, rock river 1911 in 10mm and a Henry lever action .22. I've got the bases covered. What would you add?
I've been eyeballing the Springfield waypoint in 6.5prc.

I would add a varmint rifle of some kind. 223 Remington is great for volume shooting. A 22-250, 243 win or 6mm Creedmoor if want something that will hit a little harder.
Tikka makes great guns. I have Savages that shoot great for the price but their actions are not as smooth. You could also look at getting an AR15 in something like the 223 wylde.

I agree you need a Varmint in there. I have all the rifles I guess you could say I need. I’ve been eyeballing a Dakota model 10 for a while. I would get it in 6mm ppc only because I already have the 223 and a few other 22 cals And have the dies and bullets and lots of brass to go with it since I used to have one and gave it away. That’s the idea I have, something rare or unusual. You can’t go wrong with a nice rim fire too. I would pick a showpiece walnut bolt action or a semi auto 17 hm2, not WMR.

I agree with a varmint rifle of your choice. 204Ruger,223Rem,22-250,22Creed are all good choices and come in a variety of rifles and configurations.

The gun thing is whatever you can find ammo for. The “adult favors “ thing is strange. I sure hope that’s not the only time you get to smack leather with momma.

Another 10mm, preferably a third gen S&W. I also didn't see any revolvers on your list so probably a couple more Smith & Wessons would be in order starting with a .22lr J-frame kit gun or a K-frame 617, those are an absolute blast to own especially the smaller J-frame. I really like shooting the large N-frame eight shot .357's like the model 627.

If a Henry is your only rimfire long gun maybe add another .22lr, .22 wmr or a .17 hmr. Something with more precision accuracy than a Henry offers.

I don't envy your predicament. Ithink it will be about 100 guns down the road before I have a hard time deciding what to get next.;)

Winchester 94/22 mag.
Hello SHB,
I completely agree. In my opinion, the Winchester 94/22 & 94/22M are probably the finest production rim fire rifles ever produced. The fit, finish, & design are almost flawless. Sadly, they are no longer made. Sure wish I still had mine!

I know where you can find one.

20210711_200857.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom