First WY Bull

elks96

Long Time Member
So I sealed the deal this past weekend. My son and I had hit it hard for several weekends and Friday night everything came together right at dark. As dark hit the bull was still alive so we backed out and went back up Saturday morning. Not a monster but when your 10 year old calls one in and you get a great opportunity you do not pass...

Kid is pretty awesome he packed the head just over the 1.25 mile on a pack that was too big for him.

balance in life.jpg

sons look after success.jpg

team work 2.PNG

Congratulations that’s awesome he called it in and helped pack it out, looks like you have a life long hunting partner / packer.

Nice bull...but never have figured out why some people have a phobia of cutting elk legs off at the knee. Seems strange to pack out the lower leg and hoof on an elk quarter.

Nice bull...but never have figured out why some people have a phobia of cutting elk legs off at the knee. Seems strange to pack out the lower leg and hoof on an elk quarter.
I always cut it off, but when my wife is there she needs the extra length of the leg for leverage. She does not let me cut it off until she no longer has to handle it... it is her demand, she needs the length to handle it...

Congrats to both of you. Amazing that a 10-year old could pack that out. Is he half mule?
He was beast. It got him a few times, if I had pack to fit
Congrats to both of you. Amazing that a 10-year old could pack that out. Is he half mule?

So here is the video back to the blazer. He was very intent that he could do it. I really wished I had a pack to fit him well, but it was pretty impressive. As you can see in the video as long as he was squared up he did fine, but when it twisted it took him... I was suprised. I told him we could leave the head and I go back and get it easy enough. But no he wouldn't have it.

Also from the kill sight to where we staged the meat for the packs was like 80 yards of straight up hill, he carried a hind quarter that distance without stopping. My wife has that video...

Don't know how I missed this post, but congrats to you and your son. Talk about pressure to make the shot...Your 10 yr old son calls one in for you. You CAN'T let him down!

Congrats again to both of you. You both have a cherish-able memory, and that's what it really comes down to. And not blowing the shot when...never mind :D :D

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom