Fish and Game aerial count disclosure?

bigcreekmetal

A couple days ago IDFG had a helicopter fly over my father in laws lower ranch in the Weiser area counting deer and maybe elk to IDK they called my father in law before flying over his place to tell him they would be counting deer. I was wondering just out of curiosity if they make those reports available to the public? Id be really curious as to what they came up with. I know what I am seeing when I help feed cows but there is a ton more country Im not seeing. I tried calling fish and game quite a few times to ask but cant get anyone on the phone so thought Id ask on here. Thanks

That is the 1st time I have ever heard of F&G calling anyone to fly over their land, very interesting. Yeah it would be damn interesting to get their count I guarantee its 4 times what your seeing !!

A couple days ago IDFG had a helicopter fly over my father in laws lower ranch in the Weiser area counting deer and maybe elk to IDK they called my father in law before flying over his place to tell him they would be counting deer. I was wondering just out of curiosity if they make those reports available to the public? Id be really curious as to what they came up with. I know what I am seeing when I help feed cows but there is a ton more country Im not seeing. I tried calling fish and game quite a few times to ask but cant get anyone on the phone so thought Id ask on here. Thanks
They generally do when they start having the open houses for the new season settings. I've never really had any luck getting the numbers from them prior to the open houses.

I assume your best bet is to figure out the name of the area biologist, then using their standard email format (first.last@______) try that for direct contact. At last resort, you can become their pain in the ass and file something in writing to their PO Box and call it a Public Records Request which then makes it official. Basically, be a very squeaky wheel.

Interesting, thanks for the info guys. I will try to find the local biologist and get in touch with him/her. I dont care to know bad enough to spend a ton of time trying to get the info. Thanks all.

They readily give out that info any time you call. I don’t know if it’s posted on the web since I never have looked for it. They usually fly regions every other year for deer at least.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom