Fish lake late rifle hunt

Tblicky22

My dad got a call yesterday and a late bull tag became available and he was next in line and got the tag. He is getting up there in age so I’m glad he drew the tag while he can still hike a little bit. We are not very familiar with the area so if anyone could help us out a little bit it would be much appreciated. I plan on spending the whole hunt up there with him to help him shoot a nice bull. He’s only shot one bull in his life so I plan on pushing the old man pretty hard to get him a mounter.

It kinda sucks we found out about the tag so late because we haven’t been able to scout. And we might not be able to even get out there until the hunt because of work at this point. Any suggestions help thanks guys!

Only scouting that would matter now for the late hunt is getting to know the unit. Take a weekend or two and go down there.

The late hunt is one of my favorites for that unit. Pray for snow. Last year was hot and we saw cows still above 10k feet.

In 2015 my wife got the same call around this time for the tag. One of the funnest hunts I've done.

Enjoy it and let us know how it goes.

Thanks Gledeasy hopefully we can get out there for at least a day or 2 in the next month. Do you have any areas to go check out if we can get out there?

Next in line for a tag and you know nothing about the unit? Why put in for a unit you know nothing about? Dart thrown at a board in the dark in February? ? Lighten up, I see lots of these posts and wonder why the tag recipient put in for the tag and especially accepted a tag this late if they knew nothing about the unit. You won’t have a problem finding elk unless it’s hot and it has been that this summer. Finding a good bull worthy of preference points will be tough but if he just wants to kill an elk you can certainly do that.

We’ve never been on a limited entry hunt so you got to put in for something we went cow hunting out there about 10 years ago and got our cows the first day so didn’t spend much time up there. We have only hunted elk in the uintahs and deer in northern Utah.

I have a early rifle tag. I'm a little worried about the bulls bugling with the temps during the hunt being in the upper 70's with the lows being in the upper 30's. They should be active in the mornings. I hope!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom