Fit of Kuiu pants

Looking at buying some KUIU pants soon - specifically the Guide Pants and Possibly the Alpine Pants.

My question is how are they cut and fit? Normally I wear a 38" waist and larger thigh area. Some pants I will try on wont even come close to fitting depending on the cut.

I am hoping to not have to order pants, get them, find out they won't fit and have to send them back for the next bigger size. If they naturally come cut tight, then I will just order the next size up.

I have tiburon and guide pants. They have a very true fit in the waist. Not baggy at all around legs. If you don't like an "athletic" fit in leg, it might make sense to order a bigger size. The pants also stretch quite a bit - I love the fit of all my kuiu stuff

I agree. I normally wear 36 pants but they're getting a bit tight. so I ordered 38 Kuiu pants and they're too lose. 36 fits perfect, far more comfortable than my 36 Wranglers.

If you wear 38 then buy 38 they'll be fine.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

What temps do you plan on mainly hunting in? The attack pants are very versatile especially with some merino bottoms. The guide pants are great for snow and winter temps.
If you wear 38s and have larger thighs I would go 40". You could order both and return whichever doesn't fit you well.

A 35 would be perfect for me. 34 is a tiny bit too tight in the crotch when sitting, it's not noticeable while walking.

I wear 34's in most everything else. I have both 34's and 36's attack pants. The 36 allows for long underwear which has handled 4th season Colorado weather for two years.

I bought the KUIU hunting pants last year, I have a 38"waist as well and I found that they are a little undersized ( or maybe I just gained a couple of pounds ) in the waist but great in the area where the boys hang out. Very light and comfortable and easy to lift your legs up and over stumps and brush.
So if I were buying them get the 38" waist and make sure you lose a couple of pounds first, going to a bigger size didn't work for me as they were too big.
Overall I liked them and will be using them again this year and would recommend them as they are durable and light. No waterproof though and I did get wet last year but the dried out fast in the tent last year so it wasn't an issue. It was only about 20 degrees in the am so I didn't try them in cold weather with long underwear.
Hope this helps

I bought some attack pants earlier this summer and wore them a few days on a scouting trip in scrub oak country in Colorado. I typically wear a 35 waist comfortably and a 34 waist depending on type of pant and recent gym time. The KUIU attack pants in waist size 36 fit nicely. The new style of athletic cut hunting gear including tighter thigh areas takes some getting used to. The attack pants held up well in the brush, only a few very small snags. If you wear a 38 you should buy the 40.

I know that the Alpine pants definitely run a waist size bigger than the rest and I know that was a problem that Kuiu was aware of. So maybe they fixed it by now??? Also even though they say you won't notice the knee pads... you still do because I tend to get a bit sweaty on my knees in warmer weather so keep that in mind. Still great pants though.

I also know that the Attack is true in waist size. The attacks have been my favorite from their pant line up

You're spending a lot on pants, which you plan to have for a long time. I would order your current size and one size up. This way you can try both on, you'll know what's best and return one. Little more expensive, but better than second guessing.

They do run more narrow in the thighs, which might cause you to go a size up. I found it noticeable.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom