Flaming Gorge burbot

foundation

Very Active Member
So I read about Burbot fishing at the Gorge and read about how the taste like lobster, so I want to do it. I haven't been ice fishing in like ten years but I have a buddy that has all the equipment needed.

I'm going to give it a try in a week or two and I'm curious what the ice conditions are like at the Gorge. Are there areas that are better than others?

There isn't much ice right now. But probably enough for burbot. Fish in rocky areas next to cliffs. They can be found at pretty much any depth. Shallower at night. They are very tasty. I don't think they taste like lobster, but they are good. There isn't very much meat on them though. Only the bottom third of the tail has any meat on it. They are all head and guts. There are more burbot in the north end of the lake. That is also where most of the ice will be. Go catch them all. Glow jigs seem to work pretty well, they like to bite it on the drop.

Careful while out on the Ice!

There's been a few Incidents the last couple years!

There's never a lot of Ice so be Damn Careful!

Then find the JACK-ASS that put the Burbot in there & Hang Him!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Thanks for the reminder on the ice. Researching how to fish for burbot there is a video on utube of the ice breaking while these guys are fishing. That ice business makes me nervous so I will be keeping a eye out for sure.

My buddy wants to fish all night and then have are cots to sleep on during the day in the ice tent, but im thinking I will walk back to shore or maybe sleep in a life jacket. LOL

Geeze, I didn't know what a Burbot was so, I looked it up.

It seems that the Utah fish and wildlife has a "no release" or a "catch and kill" status on them buggers.

Never seen that before.

nocwalker

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom