FLINTNAPPING ANYONE???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
When I Was Young I Tinkered Around with it a little!

But I was never very Good at it!

I Did Study it a little!

Found out that a Guy Named BRYAN REINHARDT Was Really Good at it!

I Think Most of His Pieces were Called Gray Ghosts!

He Was a PRO at it!

But Had Tools the Natives never had!

I Found This Quite Interesting:

Bryan Reinhardt's Flint Spear "Gray Ghosts" Page 1

20210213_181605.jpg

Hey Elkass - I did a job for a man a couple of years ago who told me about a couple of old guys that live in twin falls Idaho, that are supposedly the worlds best flint knappers. There was also a stone tool collection found out on the Camas Prarie, it is called the Simon Collection and a documentary was filmed on it. They talk about the collection but also show these old flint knappers I will try to find the video. Its called the Simon Collection found in 1969.

During my college days, i worked a summer for the Department of Agriculture testing efficiency of pivot sprinklers. The boss was huge on learning stuff. At one day long conference half the day was spent trying to *flintnap* (just for Bessssie) Pretty cool to see the expert do it.

Bess, you have to admit that was one of the best "one liner" Dude ever made. I am still laughing.
Three or four years ago I had a table at the Oregon knife show. Right next to me was a older gentleman that was selling his flintnap knives. They were works of art and very beautiful and very sharp as well.
RELH

Hey RELH?

His Name wasn't Tony Stanfield was it?

Bess, you have to admit that was one of the best "one liner" Dude ever made. I am still laughing.
Three or four years ago I had a table at the Oregon knife show. Right next to me was a older gentleman that was selling his flintnap knives. They were works of art and very beautiful and very sharp as well.
RELH

Last edited:
I Have Skinned Bucks with Tony's Knives!

This isn't Mine,it's a Knife of Tony's that's currently for Sale!

I Put RELH's & Tony Stanfields Knives at the Top of the Quality Craftsmanship List!

tony stanfield knife.jpg

That really is a work of art. I just bought another Knife from RELH to give to my daughter for her high school graduation and that is also a work of art and very functional

Bess it was not Tony Stanfield. I have forgoten his name, but I do remember that he lived near Newport, Oregon. His knives were on par with the one you showed above.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom