Flying with a ML

Trix4me

Very Active Member
My son and I drew ML tags. He is thinking about buying a new one (in Texas) And bringing it on the plane. He will fly to Vegas. Any specific regulations for MLs? He has a hard side rifle case with 2 locks, thanks.

Not sure of the actual rules on ML and don’t want to get hassled, so I treat it just like my other rifles. I fly with mine a lot, so just clean it and I leave the breach plug out of it in a zip lock bag, under the foam in the case. Even the dumbest person can see it’s unloaded.

I just have my friend buy my powder and caps/primers locally, a couple weeks before my trip.

My son and I drew ML tags. He is thinking about buying a new one (in Texas) And bringing it on the plane. He will fly to Vegas. Any specific regulations for MLs? He has a hard side rifle case with 2 locks, thanks.
Hey Trix4me! As Kalalau stated, no powder or loose primers are allowed on commercial flights.
I live in Vegas and would be willing to help you & your son out. Shoot me a PM & we can discuss.

Thanks for your generous offer. If he buys one, I’m sure he’ll take it to a range to get used to it. I’ll make sure to pick up what he needs around here so he doesn’t pack powder etc on the plane.

Thanks for your generous offer. If he buys one, I’m sure he’ll take it to a range to get used to it. I’ll make sure to pick up what he needs around here so he doesn’t pack powder etc on the plane.
No problem! I didn’t realize you were Vegas born. Good luck to you both & let us know how your hunt goes. ??

3TOE. He’s looking to pick up a CVA Paramount and putting a scope on it. Good choice?
I just pre ordered the Paramount Pro (Colorado) from muzzleloaders.com a few weeks ago. I hope it’s a great choice! Lol
I owned a Knight Ultralite that I was convinced was cursed so I had to make a change.

I have a White that replaced my cursed Traditions. I love it but he is in the gun buying mode.
I can relate! I know it wasn’t the gun, I just had too many odd & unfortunate things happen.
Drawing a great tag is as good a reason for a new gun as any I can think of.

That is true unless Skywest flys out of your airport. Are you going to rent a hunting Prius or can you get a truck In Vegas. I just finished a Thompson muzzleloader build. Or a Remington ultimate muzzle loader Seem to be working well out here. You can put a turret scope on it and shoot out there a ways. Using Parker bullets and Big horn powder. Sizing the bullet for the barrel.

That is true unless Skywest flys out of your airport. Are you going to rent a hunting Prius or can you get a truck In Vegas. I just finished a Thompson muzzleloader build. Or a Remington ultimate muzzle loader Seem to be working well out here. You can put a turret scope on it and shoot out there a ways. Using Parker bullets and Big horn powder. Sizing the bullet for the barrel.
A buddy of mine met up with me in OK a few years back for a turkey hunt & he rolled up in a Toyota Yaris. I still give him crap over that. ???

Point of clarification, I’ll be driving in from eastern Utah in a Chevy Silverado (2500HD) my son and grandson are flying in from Texas. Last time they rented a Rubicon To get around we have a Teryx sxs

Ok got it I understand now. What part of eastern Utah. My Drahthaar spends sometime up that way in Altamont.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom