For all the fishermen...

Hello Outdoorwriter,
We just returned from The Grand Mesa in western Colorado. We fished lakes that I fished for the first time over fifty years ago.
We had a great time and the fishing was as good, , , , , scratch that! The fishing was better than it has ever been. Of course, watching my 10 year old grand daughter catch her first fish is a memory I will cherish for the rest of my days. Lets see if I can attach a couple pics

Island Lake Grand Mesa Colorado.jpg

Baileys 1st Fish 6-5-2021.jpg

Ah...Grand Mesa the home of the trophy mosquitoes. Use to fish at night; darker the moon the better using big brown bear or black leech flys.
You got that right about the skeeters LittleBull! I have fished the mesa many, many times over the years and that was always one thing you could count on, , , , the damn mosquitos! This year we hit it just right. The ice had just come off the lakes and the skeeters hadn't really got crankin yet. Most of the roads were still closed due to the snow but the few lakes we could get to were all full of hungry trout. We only kept a few for the grill and put the rest back in the lake. Truly the best trip yet.

Campfire at the Cabin 2021.jpg

Hello Outdoorwriter,
We just returned from The Grand Mesa in western Colorado. We fished lakes that I fished for the first time over fifty years ago.
We had a great time and the fishing was as good, , , , , scratch that! The fishing was better than it has ever been. Of course, watching my 10 year old grand daughter catch her first fish is a memory I will cherish for the rest of my days. Lets see if I can attach a couple pics

View attachment 42348
View attachment 42349
Wrong thread guys! Read the messages!

Hello Outdoorwriter,

View attachment 42348
View attachment 42349
That looks like forest lake? what lakes did you fish as a kid with my Grandpa we fished most of the lakes up there. Love Love Love that area for fishing........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom