For Snoopdog

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
In the upper pic, you have a whole lot of Zumbo going on--brothers from another mother? ;)

I separated this out so as not to gunk up the photo thread...

Zumbo & I have been friends since we first met in Yellowstone NP in the mid-'70s. We have lots in common; we're both Siciliano, born on the east coast in Nov. a year apart & have a similar education in biology & journalism. Jim was the impetus for me working for OUTDOOR LIFE as a state editor.

I have worn mostly western clothes from the 70s on. I own a rust colored Stetson, a black Resistol, two straw cowboy hats four pairs of boots.

This is the dressy version, circa 1983....

TONY17B.jpg

This is the steering committee that formed POMA -- Professional Outdoor Media Association -- in 2005.

I49244.jpg

Tony,

You are the man! I do recall you sharing your historical association with Zumbo; I remember the pic from a prior thread. It is uncanny how you two look related in those old school pictures.

P.S. I really like the Santana fro. ;)

Oscar

Tony,

You are the man! I do recall you sharing your historical association with Zumbo; I remember the pic from a prior thread. It is uncanny how you two look related in those old school pictures.

P.S. I really like the Santana fro. ;)

Oscar
My bride talked me into getting the afro after she had it done. So I went to a hair salon & had a gorgeous blond as my stylist. Thus, I continued to have the 'do redone just so I could see & have lecherous thoughts about her. Sometime later, I did a photo shoot with her as the model.

The photo of me with my horse was taken as we were getting ready to take a family on a week-long fishing excursion in the Weminuche Wilderness. It was the trip where I found the body of the murdered backpacker.

My bride talked me into getting the afro after she had it done. So I went to a hair salon & had a gorgeous blond as my stylist. Thus, I continued to have the 'do redone just so I could see & have lecherous thoughts about her. Sometime later, I did a photo shoot with her as the model.
You dirty-dog! Lecherous thought... HAHAHAHA Love it.

Back when Cabelas opened up in Lehi Utah they where having all their grand opening events the first week after opening. I was there on Saturday of that week and I went into the men's restroom to take care of buisness, I was standing in my stall and a guy walked up to the stall next to me it was Jim Zumbo cowboy hat and all. I said hey Jim he said hey back and I finished my business washed my hands and walked out. Probably was the most polite he was treated all day.
Only time i have ran into someone that is famous. Until this year and I ran into Wayne Carlton in Montrose Colorado.

Back when Cabelas opened up in Lehi Utah they where having all their grand opening events the first week after opening. I was there on Saturday of that week and I went into the men's restroom to take care of buisness, I was standing in my stall and a guy walked up to the stall next to me it was Jim Zumbo cowboy hat and all. I said hey Jim he said hey back and I finished my business washed my hands and walked out. Probably was the most polite he was treated all day.
Only time i have ran into someone that is famous. Until this year and I ran into Wayne Carlton in Montrose Colorado.
Jim is a fine gentleman.

When USO sued the AGFD over the NR permits many years back, Zumbo got an elk permit issued to him but refused to use it.

It was sad to watch when he was attacked & nearly ruined for his opinion, but he survived & bounced back.

I do remember that episode. I felt "we" acted like "them." Although I didn't necessarily agree with his opinion, I in no way felt the need to cancel him.

Damn--that's a sweet ram. Thanks for posting that up. And heaven forbid you post another pic or two of that fatty.

Been there, done that. My first bull elk in Oregon (2001), had to run to mom & pop shop/gas station/justice of the peace/tax assessor, to buy disposable 35mm because I was so damn happy. Accordingly, those pics look like sh*t, but so glad I did it. I may have to dig one up sometime.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom