FORD TRUCKS

FALCON

I am finally looking at buying a new 4x4 pu. I bought a new f250 4x4 in 87, and it has been a great hunting rig for all these years. The problem is I now need a super or crew cab, and a bigger engine for towing. I am not really a diesal fan, however I know it make sense for those who tow alot. I'm thinking of towing something like a 25'travel trailer, so I'm considering the Triton 5.4. My question is this. It that a big enough engine, or should I go with the v10? Also, would like to hear from Ford owners on how happy they have been with their newer Ford rigs. Any other advise is welcome.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan, I own a 1998 ford f150 extra cab 4x4 and pull a 24' wilderness travel trailer. The newer 5.4's have more horsepower then my 98 and will handle a 25' trailer pretty easily. I get 16 miles to the gallon running back and forth to work you won't get that with a V10. The V10 will pull your trailer allot easier. When it comes time to replace my truck I will seriosly look at the V10 just because there is no substitute for horsepower. Good luck. I love my 5.4

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-04 AT 01:20PM (MST)[p]Bryan,

I was in a position similar to yours about a year ago. I really wanted the CrewCab but was unwilling to part with the nearly 40K to put a new one in the driveway. I searched for a few months and ended up having a super clean 95 F350 CrewCab Powerstroke fall in my lap for about 1/3 the cost of a new one. I've never owned a diesel before but now that I have I dont think I'll go back, at least not in a pick-up.
I pull a 26' travel trailer and it just stays in cruise control up and down the grades. If you do go with a gasser I would lean towards the V10, whatever you choose take a good look at the factory cooling system on the tranny, that will be the weak point in nearly any manufacturers drivetrain.

in edit: I get between 18 and 20 mpg unloaded when I use it for my commute vehicle and between 14 and 16 pulling the camper. Things to consider when fuel is pushing the hell out of the 2.50 a gallon mark.

Mike
at235.gif

I owned a 1999 F250 with a V-10. It is a great engine but the gas mileage sucks. I think I was able to get about 11-12 most of the time and one time 14 on a long trip not hauling. When I was hauling a 22' 5th wheel with overdrive off I was only able to get about 9 mpg.
I now own a 1997 F250 Powerstroke which I love. I pull a 32' fifth wheel which is about 11,000 lbs. It pulls this without any problem. I get 16-18 without the trailer and about 12-14 with the trailer. Sometimes less if I am going over the passes.
I wasn't much of a diesel fan either until I started looking around. I figured they are loud and smell and are expensive to fix. They really aren't that loud and they are very dependable if you keep them maintained.

my parents have a 97 expedetion with the 5.4 triton. my dad and i were goin to pinetop from tucson, if anyone knows 7 mile hill, we were goin up that haulin @$$ in the expe, there had been a f250 super duty 'stroke' towing something like a 25' boat behind us, once we got to the hills, he let that turbo charger run and he went flyin past us and we werent slowing down. if your gonna tow, you gotta get the diesel, better gas mileage and towing power. my dads buddy has the same truck but lifted with a performance chip in it. anyways, my truck broke down here in flagstaff he brought that truck up here and it had no problem towin my truck on a trailer through the hills.
casey

We love our F250 4x4 crew cab. Our's is a 2002 and has the larger but slower diesel engine. I'd stay away from the V-10 at all costs. The extra 5K for the Triton is well worth it. Oh, and it pulls our 24' trailer just fine. We get something like 18-20 MPG in that thing.

Not trying to start a ford vs. response, but my chevy with the 8.1 liter v-8 is the stoutest big block out there. Not near the problems than with the ford or dodge v-10s. Get about 12 mpg empty and 10 loaded balls to the wall. My buddys cant believe that when you spur it, it lays its ears back and will cut the dual rear wheels loose on the pavement. Oh and thoser mpg numbers are on my 2001 crew cab 4x4 dually with the six speed. Wouldnt trade my truck for 5 fords, but thats my opinion.

I have a 99 superduty F250 with the 7.3 diesel. It has a upgraded powerchip and 3.5 exhaust system. It pulls my 26 foot trailer like nothing was behind it. 12-14 MPG while pulling the trailer even in hilly areas.
My Son has the 2004 F250 superduty with the new 6.0 diesel and he pulls a 26 ft trailer. I have a hard time determining if there is any difference between the two engines. It seems Ford souped up the 6.0 in the factory package and I had to add the powerchip and larger exhaust to the 7.3 for equal or slightly better performance. Also the newer 6.0 is not as loud as my 7.3 and they have better sound proofing in the cab area.
As the Chevy guy, don't pay him any attention, he is a minorty and does'nt know it.

RELH

All you Ford Diesel guys, here is the best place I have found on the web to exchange info on the 7.3's and 6.0's.

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

For the new guys wanting to buy its a good place to get info or ask questions or for the guy that already owns, youll soon be into your pocketbook trying to get some extra HP out of her.

Mike
at235.gif

Let me state right off. I am a FORD man all the way. Not only in my personal vehicles but I have a service fleet for my company and I run all FORD trucks about 20 of them. They are a work horse of a truck. My personal truck is a F350 with the V10. It came with 3.73 gears. This truck is a gas guzzling mutha.
Well then I went and lifted it 3" and stuck 35" tires on it. I was totally unsatisfied with the performance and gas guzzling. So I put 4.56 gears in it, got the Super Chips programer so I can program for towing or performance, put the K&N fuel injection performance kit on it, put the power tower air intake system on it and a high performance "Cat Back" exhaust system. Now this thing runs like a top and will pull a house down. But it freaking pounds the gas tank. So then I added an extra 105 gallon fuel tank so I would not have to stop every 200 miles and fuel up. Now don't get me wrong here I love my truck. My other personal vehicle is an Expedition with the 5.4 V8. This is a completely stock vehicle and guess what. It is a gas suckin mutha. Luckily this is my wifes vehicle so I do not tow with it except for the occasional boat to the lake trip. The 5.4 does not get good milage.
Now with that said, I would go with the new trucks with the new smaller more powerful and quieter diesel engine with 4.56 gears. Your fuel consumption will be 10%less than with the 5.4 and do not even compare it to the V gas suckin 10. I would defenetly go with the new diesel you will not regret it.
I have 20 diesels in my fleet and when I bought my personal truck I thought it would be nice to have the V10 cause it was quiet. Well now the new diesels are quiet so next year I will be going for a new truck with the new diesel.

"We MUST Hunt"

Dakota Kid makes an excellent point on the trany cooler. "I concur doctor"

"We MUST Hunt"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-04 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-04 AT 08:56?PM (MST)

Guys, and oh ya, Muley Queen:

Those are some great responses. The 2005 Triton 5.4 now has 300 hp verses 260 which should make a difference in towing power, but I'm quite sure nothing tows like the lengendary powerstroke.
The 5100 bones for the diesal upgrade pretty much takes me out of the new truck market, but maybe I'll look at some late model diesals. I'm thinking of getting a stick verses the auto. I like the fact that I'll never blow a tranny, and its nice to have use your gears in the mtns. Anyway, I appreciate all the help!

Bryan

PS SoTex,

You are the ultimate Ford FREAK!!! Talk about all the bells and whistles! You need to show us all what that bad boy truck looks like!

I own an '03 F 350 crewcab with a powerstroke under the hood. I would say go diesel all the way. You cant beat their performance. I had a performance chip added and now that thing will fly. My mileage is'nt the best though because of the 8" lift and 37" BF'Goodrich's on it. But it damned sure looks good though!!
Go with the 'stroke... you'll be glad you did.
Scottyboy

Ford diesel baby diesel. Our family business has used all 3 of the big manufacturers. These trucks spent from August to January on the west side of the Great Salt Lake. They have been hammered by everything you can imagine and hauled it too not to mention all the salt out there. Over the past 30yrs the Ford SD diesels have by far outperformed the Dodges and Chevy's. I have never been one of those "Ford or die" or "Chevy or die" peolple I'm just stating what I have experienced. I have a '99 F-250 diesel and get about 17mpg and have not had a problem in 5yrs and 60k. I do know the $$ can be a big draw back but I would even try to find a slightly used one before I would buy anything else new. Just my 2 cents...good luck!

CPSANDMAN
"The Buck stops here...I hope!"

the truck that i have myself is a 88 f150 with the 302, now i know your not lookin for this but you wanna talk about a bad @$$ nmotor, this baby can send rubber and smoke flyin all day long, not only that but it does well on the highway, it will fly and has beatne all of the trucks that i have raced. lost to a few civics with v-tec. for not lookin the best it will fly, especially with such a small engine.
Casey

I will clean her up this weekend and take some pics. I may need help postin them though.

Falcon, while at the dealer have them do the math on the payments for the diesel engine Vs the gas burner. I know it will be a few dollars more a month. But in the long run you will save and be ahead in two ways.
1. You will first off save over the long run on fuel consumotion.
2. Resale on the diesel is much, much better than on the gas burners.

Sure, short term you may save, but if you are like me and keep your trucks for 5 or more years you will come out ahead.

Another thing to help make up your mind is to test drive the two different engines. You will be hooked on that diesel power.

One more thing for all you Chevy fans "The heart beat ends with a STROKE"

"We MUST Hunt"

My best friend and hunting companion is a ford machanic and has worked on fords for 18 years. DO NOT CHIP YOUR DIESELS!!!. Sure they will run faster pull harder BUT they have a tendancy to go through transmissions..
(Make sure you check into your extended warrenties)they will void warrenties if you have a failer due to chips.... The guys I know that work on these things for a living just cringe every time they hear about people chipping their deisels.....

Kingfish,

There are reasons other than the obvious power increase to chip a diesel. In the last two years there have been leaps and bounds made in the diesel performance world. Sort of like the craze that hit the gassers back in the 60's when we were figuring out how to make a small block Chevy or Ford push 700 horse and run on pump gas. Putting a chip in a diesel can be one of the smartest things you can do, todays chips can be custom burned to the users specific driving needs, shift points for the tranny can be changed and firmed up, torque converter can be locked to eliminate slipping and excessive heating of the tranny fluid. You are correct in the fact that a chip or tuner installed on a new truck will void the warranty on the engine and drive train. I have done a number of performance mods (OK, a freakin bunch, but don't tell the old lady) to my diesel, and by far the best was the addition of a chip/programmer. Ive got increased mileage, better shifts and lower EGT's. I also did modifications to the exhaust and intake systems that were an eye opening change. Don't blindly believe that just because thats the way Ford (or Chevy or Dodge) pushed the thing out the door that it is the best it can be. Open your eyes and do some research and unlock the potential thats under the hood.

Casey,

Your 302 may well burn the tires all day long but if hooked to a real load would be left on the side of the road puking anti-freeze and with a rod hanging out the side of the block. I'm not knocking small block Fords because I have one (289) stuffed into my 65 Mustang and I know its a go getter. But the small blocks have to rev so high to produce any kind of respectable HP that they can only do it for limited periods of time. To get 350 horse out of your 302 you're going to be around 6000-6500 rpm, to get that same horse out of a Power Stroke you'll be around 2500-3000 rpm, do it with a Cummins and you're going to be in that 1900 rpm range. And the torque numbers off a diesel are insane. I'm probably pushing somewhere in the neighborhood of 550 ft/lbs tq. And torque is where its at when you've got a load behind you. The guys that are pushing their diesels hard are seeing numbers near 1000 ft/lbs tq, quite a few have broken that mark but it takes nitrous or propane injection to do it.

Back to Bryan,

Ultimately you have to make the decision on what you want and can afford to park in your driveway. If you are going with a gasser the V-10 is a strong runner and puller, I personally would shy away from the 5.4L in a 3/4 ton truck. If you opt for a diesel dont be afraid of high miles, I know of many Strokes that are running like champs at 300 and 400,000 miles. I bought mine with 108,000 on it. I put about 25,000 mile on a year, I can garuntee that the rest of the truck will be shot before I have to worry about the engine. Right now I'm concerned about wearing out the seat and carpet :)

Mike
at235.gif

I have a 04 v-10 250 SD crew, pulled a 25ft trailer and my quad in the back of the truck from NV to CO in september, if your lookin for fuel ecomony these don't have it, got 7 to 9 mph slammin it down the road,70 to 80 mph average, had a 00 7.3 diesel got rid of it because of the hard starting in the winter, there is not much difference between the 2 but i will tell you this the V-10 will out pull the diesels hands down, blew right by 3 of them on Parleys and a couple on the Sisters, and another thing the people or car salesmen that tell you they get 15 to 20 mph are full of chit! It just doesn't happen that way the best I got on the 7.3 was 15 once, averaged around 13 most of the time, they say the 6.0's are better don't know about that, If you live where it's cold forget the deisels by the time you pay the power bill from plugging it in all winter it's a push, those 600 watt heaters push that ol power bill way up... good luck!...Greg

I GUARANTEE that our truck (diesel) started with 20 MPG!!! And now is getting AT LEAST 18 MPG (now that it has more than 65K on it). Yes it's a 2002.

I get 18-20 with mine all the time (not towing) and it starts below 0 no problems at all. A 600 watt heater costs less than 5 cents an hour to run (do the math, 1000 watts is a kilowatt, we get charged by the KWh). I bought a timer and have the heater kick on at about 2 am since I usually start the truck at around 5 am. Besides 95% of the guys I know with gassers that live in cold country run block heaters as well.

Mike
at235.gif

My son feels the need for diesel power in his pickup. He has encountered problems when we go hunting and happen to spend a few days away from a electric outlet. It's nothing that letting your truck run for a few days will not cure. I suppose one could carry along a genset and run it for an hour or two before you want to start the truck. I will be sticking to my gas powered trucks. Much quiter anyway.
~Jeff~

GJM

I'LL GUARANTEE YOU ANY OF THE 3,RATHER IT BE A DURA-MAXIPAD,A POWERJOKE, OR A DODGE A CUMMIN,THEY WILL OUT PULL YOUR V-10 AND THEY WILL AT LEAST DOUBLE YOUR MILAGE DOING IT!!!

IN 1995 V-10'S WERE IMPRESSIVE,THE TORQUE OUT OF THE NEW DIESELS ARE REAL IMPRESSIVE!!!

NOW IF DIESEL WASN'T 2.52 A GALLON???

THE ONLY bobcat WISHING HE HAD AN EXTRA 45,000 FOR A NEW STINKY,RATTLY,DIESEL PICKUP!!!

What happen to Udderdelite and his gas guzzing Chevy, I think we scared him off, oh well, he stated he did not want to start a Ford vs. Chevy argument. I forgot to tell him that my son, who bought the 2004 6.0 diesel Ford, used to be a die hard Chevy person, He isn't anymore.

RELH

Ok son lets hook em up and get it on! lol you will beat me hands down on the fuel no doubt but I will out run you up any pass, your in UT i'm in NV pick the summit,I don't give a damn about the mileage I got it to go from point A to B pronto! I got a steak dinner riding on this one, I got the gears and the guts to prove it, all is stock just oversize tires and that's it, wondering if you was one of the guy's that I passed goin up parleys back in Sept?, he was pullin a trailer with a Stroker, had a funny look on his face as I blew around him,stopped for a min and caught him before Evanston, hmmm seen that look again, just waved "Howdy" and never seen him again LOL!!! all in fun, all in fun BCB, want that bet?...Greg

One other thing don't know much about the new 6.0's as stated in my previous post was comparing it to my 7.3 that I had and chit canned, but I have drove one of the new 6.0's and they are for sure crotch rockets, and was impressed by the downshift retarder, nice option! but it's still a diesel! And they don't start when it's 20 below,but my gasser will fire every time! And if you do the maintence right on them, by the book you will break the bank with the diesels also, I can service the gasser myself for about $40 vs $130 avg on the stroker that I refused to do myself, dirty black oil Buggers! Working for the county rd dept here I see alot of ranchers in this cold country, damn few of them drive diesels just because of that, and they know how to pull those 5th wheel stockers loaded to the nuts at about 60mph+ down these dirt roads, sprayin ya with pinecones rocks and boulders!

GJM,

You must have one badazz V-10 there, specially since you stated that its toatlly stock (except for oversize tires which actually consume more power) and it will still eat any diesel on the road. Get your head out of the sand kid.

Your V-10 delivers 310 HP and 420 ft lbs of tq.
The 7.3 delivers 275 HP and 520 ft lbs of tq.
The 6.0 delivers 325 HP and 560 ft lbs of tq.

You might run with (not away from) a 7.3 but all youll see of a 6.0 is tail lights. And I can do the 130 dollar service myself for about 40 (an oil filter and 15 qts of oil) and get twice the fuel mileage your geting. Towing the way you say you tow you would be lucky to get 7 mpg. I generally get 14-16 towing. Once again, do the math and tell me what is more cost effective. I'm not trying to convince you that your V-10 is a POS because I really think it is a great motor,definetly better than Dodge's or Chevy's big gasser. But dont make false claims to try to solidify your position.

Oh, and diesels do start at 20 below, the Fords especially since they have a glow plug circuit, I know the Dodge does not have GP's but my father has a Cummins in his and his will start at 30 below NOT plugged in. All three of the new diesels(Ford,Chevy and Dodge) are extreemly quiet too, dont know if you've noticed that or not.

Mike
at235.gif

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-04 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]No kid here 46 yrs old, a bucket of balls, 20lbs of meat and enough hair on my ass to make an indian rug, don't call me kid! you pick the summit kid and put , you can beleive your stats out of the ford handbook I live in the real world, oh wait I was in ND once passed right by it if I remember right what I seen was nothing but flat land, hmm bring that thing to NV and we will put you on an 8000ft pass that truck will buck and fart like an ol mare...some people act like alligators, snap, chit and drag ass!...you must be the gifted one, keep readin those 4x4 mags... enough said!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-04 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]The name is Mike, I live at 5500 feet in Casper Wy and have my truck at 9000 feet more often than not, Dont be fooled by a screen name. Your truck doesnt have the bucket of balls you think it does. But carry on, you are showing your immature side with the "my truck can beat your truck" crap. Falcon asked for some opinions if a 5.4L was enough truck to get the job done for his upcoming plans. He was not really thrilled with the thought of feeding a gallon of gas to a V-10 every 8 miles, I merely mentioned that the diesel was worth looking into until you brought your be all end all mighty assed V-10 attitude to the table.

Mike
at235.gif

Here ya go GJM,

This was taken at 8000 ft +
92f53817.jpg

Heres what I tow, wet weight is over 18000 GCVW, itll pull any 8000 ft pass you want to throw at it at 70 mph, and get better fuel mileage than your V-10.

67fa9e1a.jpg

Back to what I originally said that you either decided to ignore or completely missed. I think the V-10 is a fine engine, although I am beginning to wonder about the V-10's owner.

Mike
at235.gif

This is almost as good as a Utah deer management pissin' match over on the mule deer forum. What the hell difference does it make? None of us will be able to afford to drive anywhere in another couple years.

DK AND CJM:

I appreciate your guys passion, but I hope its stays halfway civil between MM brothers. One guy is a diesal fan, the other a v10 guy. Believe me, I have alot to think about after reading these posts. Thanks for the ride!

PS

I gotta get my wife to read these posts. She'll die laughing at the end! hehe

Falcon,

No problem, I hope you got some useful info out of this post, both engines are real stump pullers, you just have to decide if you want to invest the money upfront to own a diesel or pay per tank with the V-10.

Mike
at235.gif

Mike:

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting a PSD. The next question would be how much better, if any, is the new 6.0 over the 7.3? The 6.0 is 2003 and newer, so the price might be quite a bit steeper. Also, auto or stick? Sorry about more questions, but I gotta believe there are some guys on the site with a lot of experience.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan,

Stay away from the early 6.0's, they were lemons. There are plenty of them out there that had no problems what-so-ever, but if you run across an early '03 build date 6.0 and its "reasonably" priced, theres a darn good reason. But the latter '03 (I'm going to say May on) were much better, and the 04's are real solid. But dont discount a clean 01 or 02 with the 7.3L, they are very solid motors. If you run across one that you want to get serious about, question the seller for his maint records, find out how the tranny has been maintained, any performance mods done to the drivetrain and specifically find out (go buy test strips at NAPA) if the antifreeze/coolant has the proper level of DCA in it. Any other questions you have I'd be glad to help, I may not have the answers but I know where to get them.

Mike
at235.gif

GJM

YOU'RE 46 AND CALLING ME SON???

WE WILL BET ALOT MORE THAN A STEAK DINNER ON THIS!!!

IF YOU EVER PASS ME UP PARLEYS I'LL BLOW SOME SMOKE IN YOUR FACE AND YOU AIN'T GONNA LIKE IT!!!

GREG,I WANT THE BET BUT IT'S GONNA BE ALOT MORE THAN A STEAK DINNER,GOT ANY THING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO LOSE???

THIS DIESEL YOU'LL BE RUNNING AGAINST WILL START AT -20 AND MAYBE COLDER WITHOUT BEING PLUGGED IN!!!

I'VE HAD A V-10 AND I'M NOT RUNNING IT DOWN,BUT THE V-10 WILL NOT PULL A LOAD UP A STEEP GRADE AS FAST OR AS CHEAP AS THE SMOKE YOU'RE GONNA BE BREATHING!!!

NEXT TIME YOUR GOING UP PARLEYS,PLEASE LET THE OTHER GUY'S IN THE NEW DIESELS THAT THEY'RE IN A RACE!!!

I GUESS AS LONG AS YOU FLY BY A FEW OF THEM YOU THINK YOU'VE WON THE RACE THE OTHER GUY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS IN???

YOU'LL GET AN EDUCATION,ALOT OF BOYZ LIKE TO RACE THEIR TOYZ UP OVER PARLEYS!!!

YOUR GONNA FEEL BAD WHEN AN ENGINE THAT WILL ONLY TURN 3400 RPM CLEANS YOUR V-10'S CLOCK!!!

YOU'RE PROUD OF YOUR V-10 AND THATS FINE,I'M NOT KNOCKING IT,I'M SURE SINCE YOU PUT THE BIGGER TIRES ON IT'S EVEN FASTER!!!

THE ONLY bobcat LIVING IN AN AREA WHERE THERE ARE ALOT OF RANCHERS AND 90% OF THEM ARE DRIVING SMOKERS!!!

Bryan,

As far as auto or 5 speed, that really depends upon your personal preference. The ZF5 had a dual mass flywheel that liked to come apart but the installation of a heavier duty clutch and solid flywheel was the fix for that. The 4R100 is a good tranny but the torque converter is the weak link. Keeping the tranny fluid cool and changed every 25000 is the key to keeping the auto happy. So, they both have ups and downs, its just a mater of what you prefer to do, clutch all day long or stomp it to the floor and go. I've got the E4OD (pre-runner to the 4R100) in my truck, all Ive done is add a tru-cool 28,000 lb stacked plate cooler to it and change the fluid.

Mike
at235.gif

Falcon,
Good luck in your hunt for the right truck. I have been doing the same thing for several months. I ended up buying a chevy with a 350 and a 5 speed, but thats what I have been looking for, I would rather take a little longer getting somewhere and have some gas left when I get there. lol. As far as the tranny, it depends on how often and how far you pull a trailer. I tow a trailer alot and if the ford trannys are like the chevys the autos don't hold up to the towing. I have nothing agaist Fords other than I have never seen one that don't leak oil, lol and I am six foot four and I bang my knees on the dash every time I get in. I just choose to fight the lovely sagging chevy doors than bang my knees all the time. (and the chevys look better) . If you are pulling much I would go with a stick. My opinion
IDhunter

IDHunter:

I'll go with that. You do hear alot of guys complaining about blowing trannys towing regardless of what brand of truck they have. I know it will be a pain sometimes having a stick, especially when I'm trying to drink coffee when I am road hunting!!!! hehe Anyway,
I know that new Vortec is a heck of a engine. I'm pretty much a Ford guy, but I believe if you take are of your rig, it will last
regarless of the brand. It will take some time to try to get a 2003 or newer PSD, but that is what I want. I was looking at some rigs on ebay. Holy crap! Those puppies are pretty pricey!
Oh well, my last truck lasted 17 years, so I guess I better go big on the next one because I won't be trading it in every other year.

Im still here. You aint gonna scare me off with "my fart....i mean ford this" and "my 7.3 that" horsepower wishing well talk. Well tell your son that thats the reason for me buying a crew cab, so I have enough room to pick up all those ford driving guys up on the side of the road that are broke down and give them a ride to the overpriced genuine ford replacement parts house. But I might have to come back and get him cuz I can only haul 5 people at a time.

serios guys this is the first time I have ever heard any good come of the ford v10. I work for a company that has at least 100 fords from the older 5.8 to the 5.4,v10's to the 6.0's
5.8's and v10's have all been gas guzzling POS! are 5.4 have been allright. The v10's nobody wants to get stuck in one
because they are gutless when pulling anything.
I like Fords, but the 5.8 and the v10 were big mistakes!

MAYBE YOU BETTER GO FOR A RIDE OR SHOULD I SAY A RACE WITH GJM!!!

HE WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE NOT A POS!!!

THE V-10 AIN'T GOT SQUAT FOR LOW END TORQUE!!!

WAIT TILL HIS V-10 BLOWS A SPARK PLUG OUT OF THE ALUMINUM HEAD AND WILL SEE HOW MUCH BRAGGING HE DOES THEN!!!

A FAMOUS PROBLEM WITH THE TRITON ENGINES,THEY DON'T RUN WORTH A DAMN WHEN THEY ARE A V-9!!!

WE PUT GLASSPACKS ON A V-10 ONCE AND IT SOUNDED LIKE A POS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM GJM AND HIS BAD BOY V-10!!!

The bigger the truck, the smaller the tallywacker!
That's why the city slicker wanta bee's drive the F350 Crew Cabs and H2's and I drive the Chevy Luv!

Falcon,

I have two ford trucks. A F250 4x4 and a F350 4x4 both with the 7.3 L Powerstroke diesel. Not a better truck for towing. The Ford crewcab is the largest cab out there. My 5'11" daughter has no problem sitting in the back seat on long trips. Even men over 6' will find the back seat as comfortable as the front. I looked at the Dodge, the Chevy and Fords when I got the F350. For me, all things considered there is but one option--F250 or 350 Powerstroke, extended cab or crew.

Phantom Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom