Forecast for 2009

quest

Very Active Member
Give me your forecast for this years hunt good bad unit by unit. What are your prediction? Lets hear from you.

Everything is shaping up nicely down here in the desert. It would be nice to see a little rain make it over to the west. But I am thinking we will have a great year for fawn survival and an exceptional year for the sheep all across the state.

Well we got a lot of rain last knight here in Mesa. What do you think about horn growth maddglasser? You know I could of got that unit of yours but I got greedy and put in for unit 12. Oh well.

Here's a pic of my buck I mounted for our taxidermy show. Just thought you might wont to see Travis.

4a844af74944e6b9.jpg

Great Job Kevan! Can't wait to see more.
It has been dry over west of you, would sure like to see some more moisture, but horns looking as good as always!
Travis

Sounds good. Are you guys after that big buck you didn't connect with last season? Thanks for the comment on my mount.

quest

Guys;

The strip/13B is very dry! In 10 years I've never seen it this dry.

Horn growth is down a little , from last year, but we haven't seen the full growth, until the velvet drops. I've seen some very good bucks, but who knows how big they would be if it was wet.

I'm leaving Monday for the strip , for the archery deer and rifle antelope seasons. See ya all in about a month.

Steve Cheuvront

Unit 10 Bulls are looking pretty good this year. As usual the hard part will be finding a good one that isn't all broken up.

The Strip 13A is dry but I have seen a couple smokers already. At this stage I hope it stays dry for a couple more weeks as my Archery hunt starts a week from tomorrow.

See ya up there Steve.

Jim

Good luck to you guy's up there! We sure want to see as many pics as possible!
Take care and good luck!

I spend a fair amount of time in the woods either doing volunteer work for the various conservation groups that I'm part of or just spending it relaxing and out of the Phx. heat. I have never in my life seen a year like this one. Here's what I've observed. Every mature cow elk that I've seen has had twins or triplets. The yearling cows all threw singles. Lots of doe deer & antelopes with multiples as well. The quail & dove this year are just everyware. I think that the big bull in AZ will come out of unit 23 this year and the big mule deer buck will either come out of the Yarnell or Ashfork areas, good minerals in those places and the White Tanks and the Bradshaws are good also. Alot of folks are focused on the Kiabab. Which is just fine with me.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-09 AT 11:28PM (MST)[p]I went out this morning calling dogs and ended up looking at deer. We were in unit 41. We saw one group of bucks with 4 bucks, one pretty good buck, about 26-27" wide but a little short- still has time to grow. We also found 3 herds of does, all had fawns and 3 does had twins, haven't seen that down here in quite sometime.
FORECAST LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!!!!
Travis
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom